Chapter 33: Simple Hey?

I woke up wailing, the pain in my hand was unbearable. I thought after surgery I would be okay, the pain would disappear but it only worsened. My father and Zayn had to step outside because they couldn't handle seeing me in so much pain. I literally felt my hand burning, my entire arm aching by the pain. The morphine wasn't enough; it wouldn't take the pain away.

My mother kept wetting a small wash cloth and swiping the sweat away from my forehead. There were no words to explain the torture I felt. I almost wished I hadn't done the surgery but I took it back right away.

Jane came in, carefully unwrapping my hand. Of course it was painful and when I saw the huge stitches clamped against my skin, it felt worse. She sighs "okay Emma, I need you to move your fingers." As tears roll down my eyes, I look at my mother for comfort. She pats down my hair then looks down at my hand, encouraging me to move them. I lay down, turning my head away, closing my eyes and start the contraction. As I lift my index finger, I scream in pain. Everyone else parades in excitement and happiness. It was truly difficult. It seemed brand new to me, my entire hand didn't know how to communicate with anything. Its like a baby learning to grab things.

I thought I would have my hand back entirely but I guess miracles happen at a cost.

After spending three days in the hospital agonizing in pain and waiting patiently for Luke to visit, they discharged me and he never came by. As I was in my bed, resting, a knock echoed my room. I thought it wasn't my parents or Nat or Zayn because they would barge in, Luke! It could be Luke! He always had manners and I really wanted to see him. I sit up, yelling "come in!" when the door open wide, revealing two bodies, my expectation wasn't met but at least my lovely friends stopped by to see me "Emma!" She squeals in excitement, slamming her body on my bed. I smile at her "Hey." Harry laughs "We traveled across the world to visit you and all we get is a simple Hey." I roll my eyes, smiling "first of all, you guys came to visit your mom and second of all, I'm sleepy and hooked up on pain killers." Sharron touches my leg "how did it happen?"

As I explain to them, the horror in their face made me laugh a bit, I know it's not funny, I almost died but for some reason everything seemed so funny. I haven't felt like this since I was drugged with the guys during the stupid games. Luke teasing me about how I acted; I'm really starting to miss him.

Suddenly Zayn barges in the room "babe do you ..." he freezes at the sight of my friends, then Sharron turns to me, smirking "babe?" Harry coughed "Zayn?" we look at them in confusion "You guys know each other?" Zayn walks up to Harry, hugging him. We stayed in shock. Zayn lets him go "His dad is my God Father, we were so close when we were little. Dude its been forever." Harry gives him an awkard smile "yeah it has been." Suddenly Sharron raises her voice "Wait! This is Zayn!?" By then I was really confused so I left to them work it out. Harry sighs "Yeah that's him."

Zayn groans, tucking his sleeves up "Harry, you got to let that go, what my father and your mother did, that doesn't mean anything to out friendship." Sharron scoffs "Please, you knew and didn't tell him what was happening!" Zayn rolls his eyes "It had been one hour since I knew about the affair, in fact I didn't even think it was true!" I cough "Affair!?" Zayn sighs angrily "His mom and my dad slept together."

What!??! I couldn't handle the drama, I blew out air, sunk into my bed and closed my eyes. His dad has always treated me with love; he's been such a respectful man. I couldn't believe his mom didn't dirorce him like Harry's dad.

When they settle on a truce, they left and Zayn slept beside me, runninghis finger up and down my left arm "I was 12 Emma, I didn't even know if it was true." I look up to him "it's not your fault, Harry is just looking for someone to blame." He clicks his tongue "I swear, when you mentioned his name I would have never thought of Harold."