Chapter 36: Say Good Bye Emma

when I pulled him in for the kiss, I quickly imagined us kiss, a long nice passionate kiss but suddenly Zayn popped in my mind, he was crying. He was yelling at me for hurting him. Wait! I love Zayn! What am I doing!? I'm being selfish again.

As I sink back into reality, as his lips were about to touch mine, I slant my head a bit, kissing his cheek. I quickly let go of him, looking at him. He sighs "What the?" I groan "Oh, Luke, I Love Zayn. He's my boyfriend and Luke, You are like a brother to me!" he straightens his posture "Stop doing this to me! Can't you just leave me alone?!" I raise my voice too "No Luke! We are best friends! You just can't abandon me! I need you!" He scoffs "What about what I need!? I need to go! I need to play for my sake! I NEED YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE! I don't ever want to see you again! Don't come looking for me! I hate you; I don't want to see you again! You got that. Just leave me alone Emma."

He grabs his bags up from the floor angrily, walking away. I stand there, crying. I feel so horrible, my heart just hurts. I did that, I made him hate me, made him move away. I stand there for a good 20 minutes, I didn't care if people looked at me weird, I just broke a heart and my heart was breaking because of it. He can't leave, he can't remember me this way, and he will hate me for the rest of his life.

I start running, sprinting through a crowd of people. I leap, jump and fly, looking for the Sydney flight. I spot it, the door closes and the air plane moves away. I yell "Wait! No!" I run to the door, shaking the handle. It won't open, my mind isn't 100% clear but I needed him to know I was sorry. I leap to the window, pressing myself to it, sobbing "Luke! Luke! I'm sorry! Luke! Luke I'm so Sorry!" I slip down to the floor, softly hitting the window. I stay there until the plane takes off.

I look at the mirror, looking at my reflection, I was pale. My eyes puffy and red. I sniffle, pick myself up and walk back to the car.

Once I'm inside the car, I start pounding on the wheel, screaming, pleading, sobbing, and hating my life. What the hell was wrong with me? I love Zayn, right? I mean of course I love Zayn, I Love him. But then Luke, maybe there was something about him but I didn't see him that way. Luke was the type of person where I could go be myself, completely myself. We would confine with one another, make fun of each other, and have fun together. I love Zayn. I'm so confused.

He left hating me, and there was nothing I could do about it but live with it my entire life. I stayed in the car for a bit, biting my coat, thinking of his words over again. He hates me; he hates me and doesn't want to see me again.

When I get home, my mom and dad were sitting in the living room, waiting for me "Emma! Where have you been." I start to tear up a bit "Where's Nat?" My dad stands up "Up stairs why?" then I let my heart break lose. I clench my dad, sobbing in his chest "He's gone and he hates Me." my mom rubs my back "oh sweetie, why would he hate you?" I wipe the tears away "You wouldn't understand." I let go of my dad, walking towards the stairs "Tomorrow, Zayn's picking me up to visit my friend Liam in the hospital." My mom sighed "Are you okay Em's?" I give her a small grin "no, but I will be." I climb the stairs and lock myself in my room.

The next morning, Zayn came by for me early. We went to the hospital and watched Liam excited for the surgery "You know Emma, it would be my first time hearing you speak!" I chuckle "Yeah, I know. I'm happy for you Liam." When they took him, Michael and his family needed some space so we left. He took me to the beach.

We sat on the sand, not saying a word, just holding hands and watching the waves clash into one another. Zayn sighed "awfully quiet today." I smile, looking at him "do you ever wonder about the future?" he sighs, looking back at the beach "why? Like you mean about us?" I frown a bit "You think about our future?" he laughs "of course I do, I love you and someday even marry you. Why? Is that a little creepy." I bite my lip, kiss his arm "of course not. And I want to marry you too, someday at least."