Chapter 92: Diary of an Orphan

I slam my room door open and shut it close. Then my mom opens it and everyone follows her in. Wilbert closes the door. I throw myself on the bed, flat on my belly and shove my face on the pillow. My mom pleads "Emma!" Zayn confusingly ask "Who the hell is Stacy?" My mom sighs "She was eh..." I turn around angrily and lift myself half way up, screaming "No! You still have no right!" Wilbert sighs "Why? What's so bad about Stacy?" I lay back, closing my eyes shut and covering my ears. I whisper "no, no, no." I was flashing back. The dim sunlight. The faint breaths. The tall grass. Then someone grabbed my from my arm "Emma! You're biting your lip again!" I open my eyes and yell "You had no right!" sobbing "No right!" Harry sits next to me and hugs me tight. I sob on his chest. Zayn sneers "Someone needs to tell me who the hell is Stacy and why she's getting like this." My mom sighs and takes Wilbert and Zayn out of my room.

I cry "Why did she have to bring her up? Why!"he sighs and kisses my head "Because Emma, you're still holding onto her." I close my eyes "that wasn't supposed to happen." He clicks his tongue "I know, I was there."

By the afternoon I woke up and saw Zayn left a note "Em's I'm sorry that ever happened. Harry and I will be with Danielle. We'll be waiting for supper." I sigh, throwing the note in the bed and putting my hands on my face. I change into my jeans and a hoodie. I walk out of the room and head to my baby. The elevator dings and I see Harry and Zayn laughing. I walk up to them, clearing my throat "you guys ready." Zayn turns, smiling "yeah babe, lets go." As we wait for the elevator, harry kept annoying me, putting his curls in my face and tickling me. I push him away and he chuckles "alright." It dings and it opens the doors. Suddenly Ashton and Arlene pop "Em's!" she smiles "You're out of your room now." I grin a little and stare at the floor. Ashton claps his hands "Where you guys going? We'll join." We step into the elevator and Zayn chuckles "We're gonna go eat."

Zayn hands me a plate and we stroll along the line. I grab an apple, mash potatoes, some corn and three chicken nuggets. I go and sit down on the table. Then Ashton sits next to me with his plate full of food. He looks at my plate and sighs "Emma, you make me look like a fat ass." I roll my eyes "Maybe because you are one." He starts laughing "there's our good old Emma."

As we eat, I noticed I was laughing with them. It has been the first time in almost two months where I've laughed. They were right, I need to be surrounded by my family to get better. After we ate, they took Harry home and we walked to our room. He closes the door behind him and sighs "you were laughing." I chuckle "who wouldn't, the idiot drank orange juice from his nose. And almost died too." He grabs my waist and turns me around "you're so beautiful when you laugh." He cups my cheek and kisses me. After minutes of making out, I pull away "I have homework." He groans "What? Homework?" I sigh, reaching my bed "John assigned me a book to read. Three chapters by tomorrow." He sighed "Em's I'm not ready to face court. We have to win three trails and I'm scared to death." I stay quiet and feel his pain.

Once he was asleep, I read the front cover "Diary of an Orphan." I open the book and prepare myself for my emotions.

Suddenly Zayn's alarm starts blaring and jolts me jump from the book. He groans, shutting it off. I whisper "What time is it?" he sighs, resting on his back "eight in the morning." I gasp and check how many more pages left. I turn them and I just needed one chapter left. I close my eyes and sigh. Zayn groans "I'm gonna go with the baby." I whisper "no, you stay here, I'll go. Meet you for breakfast at 9:30?" he nods and falls back asleep. I put on my white yoga pants, black tee shirt and put on my all white with a black Nike logo cap. I clench onto my book and walk out. I quickly walk to my baby, see her sleeping and then slide down the wall, sitting down and open my book.

As I continue to read, I couldn't help but cry and ultimately hate the last chapter for being so horribly tragic. As I read the last line, I close the book quickly and clench it against my heart. I take a few moments to get rid of my emotions and stand up. I quickly walk down to the cafeteria and skim for Zayn but he wasn't there. I figured he was still sleeping so I went ahead and grabbed my food. I took an apple and one pancake with jam. I sit alone and reread the last chapter. Maybe I miss read or misunderstood because it can't end that way. Suddenly a plate slams in front of me. I look up to see John smiling down at me "hello Emma, see you're skipping ahead." I close the book quickly and sigh "I'm not in session yet." He chuckles, sitting down "can't we eat as friends? I promise I won't say anything." I take a bite of my apple and quickly say "It doesn't end like that does it? I mean there must be a sequel." He smirks "See you got addicted. We'll sadly enough, it does end like that." I scoff "life is unfair." He grins and hands me paper "these are the questions you guys need to answer together. He'll meet you in the garden at 11:00." He gets up and waves bye.

I wait for Zayn but he never came. I decided to clench the book and walk around the hospital. I went around in circles and passed an entire nursery full with new born babies. I stared at them, making me yearn for mine. As I walk past the nurses desk, I check the time and it was 11:10. I quickly rush down the stair and into the garden. He was waiting under a apple tree, sitting lonely on a bench. I yell, trying to catch up "Mason! Mason! I'm so sorry, I lost track of time and..."he cuts me off, smirking "it's fine, it happens." I sit next to him and sigh "John said we have to answer these questions." He chuckles "he has the weirdest sense of personality." I laugh and look down at the book "did you read?" he chuckles, raising his eyebrows "did I read, well let's see, I read the whole book." I look at him in shock and gasp "you did! I did too!" he laughs "I'm such a book worm." I chuckle "we have so much in common."

Later that day, my dad Louis came over, they were preparing us for the trail tomorrow. They advised us only to talk when they give us a signal and remain quiet, pleading our rights to the fifth amendment. They told us to dress in a pant suit and look appealing to the court. So I called Arlene and Natalie to help me get ready for tomorrow. Zayn went home, advised his parents and got his suit. But when night came, I couldn't bring my eyes to close, I didn't want the trial to happen. I just wanted them to leave us alone and let us take our daughter home.