Chapter 83: The Pain

When I woke up, I was standing in front of an enormous soccer field with thousands of cheering fans. I carefully and confusingly turn in a complete circle and watch everyone. Suddenly all the cheering stops and they bang their feet against the ground. As the tempo gets faster and louder, they begin to clap their hands. Suddenly a horn blows loudly, causing me bend down a bit and protect my head. But then from the corner of the stadium, a hurdle of men came running out, chanting and yelling. And as they approach me and clear my view, the last person went jogging towards me. it took my breath away and as he came closer, his eyes twinkled with the sunlight and his blonde hair quiffed up; he stopped in front of me and as he was about to touch my cheek, I awake quickly and in a fluster. Natalie and Arlene rushed to me. Nat sighed "Bad nightmare?" I close my eyes, dip my head back and put my hand over my eyes.

Then I hear Ashton and Louis walking into the room "Oh shut up you small Irish boy." Ashton scoffs and walks to Arlene and wraps his arms around her waist and rests his head on her shoulder. Louis coughs "Uh, Em's. Can we talk?" I keep my eyes closed and nod. He sneers "Alone?!" They all whisper and clumsily rush out the door, closing it. He sighs, sitting down "Emma, about that other time..." I cut him off "You're right Louis, I didn't want to know, I didn't want to confront Zayn." He rubs the back of his neck "yeah but I still shouldn't have yelled at you." I open my eyes and smiled "None of that matters now. Besides, right now; what matters to me is my daughter." He chuckles "when she was born, she was so tiny. It was this little thing Emma." He shows me with his hand the width of my daughter. I cry "That tiny?" He laughs "That tiny Em's. And she stopped crying once she heard you sing that lullaby in your arms." I cry, trying to wipe the tears rolling down my eyes "Thank you." He grins. Then the nurse storms in "good morning Emma. How are you feeling today?" I sigh and frown "I just woke up so I really don't know." She frowns at me "You woke up crying?" I chuckle "No, no. It's something else." She grins doubtfully and turns to Louis, sighing "I'm going to check her uterus and stitches so would you mind leaving and putting the sign on the door." He grins and reaches for the sign "Yeah sure. Em's, I'll be with Zayn." He closes the door behind him and the nurse starts putting her latex gloves. She gently bends my legs and opens them wide. I groan a bit and she starts her procedure. As I lay there, I stare into the vast of white. An white ocean drowning me. why white? White has no emotions. White doesn't symbolize anything but innocence. And the ironic thing is everyone enrolled in this hospital is innocent to whatever has happened to them. Little children have done nothing to deserve something so awful. Can't it be yellow, for hope? At least it would brighten up this gloomy environment and try to make people joyful instead of reminding them that they're not in control of their destiny.

She sighs "Okay, well you're doing fine down there. Now let's see your stitches." I lay my legs flat and she uncovers me till I'm naked from the waist down. She gently removes my pad causing me to groan in pain. I can feel her touching it and I was almost crying. The pain I had to endure was greater than I thought. She puts a new padding and sighs "okay, it's time for you to walk." I muddle "My... my mom said... she told me that I can't... that I'm not suppose to walk." She shrugs "we'll you're mom was a bit wrong. You couldn't walk yesterday but today you have to start. Okay." I close my eyes and wait for the pain to start.

She puts down the rails on the bed and leans in for my hands. I grip them and she slowly starts lifting me up and sitting me down. I groan, closing my eyes "It hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts! Please." She sighs deeply "I know baby, I know but you have to." She moves my legs out and I sit on the corner. It literally felt like if someone were cutting me open alive. She holds my hands firmly "Ready?" I close my eyes and nod yes. She pulled me off and that's when I knew I couldn't endure such immense pain. I sob "No No No, I can't I can't. It hurts! Oh my God I can't." She gives me a pity response "Honey, I know sweetie, I know." She steps back and forcefully pulls me with her, making me step forward. I close my eyes and suddenly my cheeks became a river for my tears. I kept pleading and sobbing but she kept insisting. She made me slowly walk all the way out my room and three steps into the hallway. She pulled me again and I leaned on her, without moving my feet and shrieked "Plea-ase! I... I can't anymore!" she insisted "you just have to reach the nurses desk." I cry and sob all over "No, no I can't. please I can't." she pulled me hard but I tried to keep my place "Emma! You need to try!" I plead softly "I ... I can't" Suddenly I hear Ashton and my mom screaming "Hey!" We turned to see them running towards us. My mom yells "What are you doing!?" the nurse sighs "I'm getting her to walk." My mom sneers "you're suppose to wait two days until she can start walking! You start with standing her!" The nurse scoffs "I get you're a doctor but here we have different protocol." My mom sneers "oh, that's your defense over hurting my daughter!?" Then Ashton picked me up and brought me inside my room. I could hear my mom and my nurse fighting. Ashton softly lays me down. I sob and groan "I couldn't... I couldn't. I'm too weak." He clicks his tongue and kisses my forehead.