Chapter 14: Be Impulsive

We walk towards the side walk, Luke's hands inside his pockets and mine were out in the front, holding each other in place. Then a familiar voice screams "Emma! Luke!" we both turn and see Louis and Arlene in their church clothes. They walked towards us with their family behind them. Arlene reaches out to hug me, then Louis. Arlene playfully socks Luke and Louis fist pumps him. I awkwardly said "Hello." To their family. They all wave at me and then pass us, walking to the parking lot. Louis scoots close to form a group circle saying "So, where you guys off to, without Ashton and us." Arlene looks at me with a flirty face.

Luke replied "None of you concern. Besides you work today and frankly my brother is annoying." Arlene scoffed "Dick! What about me?" Luke grins "And I don't want to get bullied either." Louis smiles and smacks the back of Arlene's head casually. She violently pushes his arm away, slapping him on the chest. He grasp for air, holding his chest. Luke said "I didn't see Zayn or his family." I blush at the sound of his name, and Arlene notices, giving me a flirty smile. Louis replied "Yeah I didn't either. But today is his mums' birthday. Though it isn't an excuse for them to miss church." Louis rubs the back of neck. Arlene abruptly said "Well we best be off then. Have a nice time and Emma text me tonight." As she reaches over to hug me. She then detaches and leaves. Louis waves good bye with a smile and follows Arlene to the parking lot.

Luke turns to me saying "Bus or train?" I scrunch my face, and reply "Train. Wait no! bus." He smiles and guides me to the bus stop. We stand next to a pole and wait. He coughs, clearing his throat before saying "The beach is quite nice about this time of year, but before we go I want to take you out to a wheat field." I smile "wheat field. Nice. Are you going to murder me there?" he laughs tilting his head back. "God, caught me red handed. It cause you know." I cross my arms, and smiled "no I don't know, enlighten Me." he rubs his hands together "You know, it's just that... woman use your imagination." I laugh, and then Luke joins in laughing. He leans next to the pole saying "It's beautiful there. Acres of long wheat's."

Then Luke straightens his poster proclaiming "The bus." I turn to see a red bus, the ones I seen on movies when they would film in England. It stops next to us, opening the doors to us. I follow Luke, he stops to swipe his card and then follow him towards the back of the bus. He lets me have the window seat. Once the bus takes off, we waddle side to side. We stand quite, looking separate ways. I could say it was awkward but it felt comfortable.

As I look out the window, I spot a carriage. I sit up, lean out further and squint my eyes to make sure I saw the horse attached to the carriage. I smack Luke while still maintaining my focus on the figure. He leaned in closer to me saying "What?" I point to the carriage and feel his laugh on my neck. As we get closer, the figure became more and more like a horse, and once we were beside it, it revealed a big black beautiful horse. I shift in my seat with excitement and whisper "Wow."

Luke went back to his position and turned my neck to watch the horse fade away into the distance. Then I shift back to my spot and look up at Luke. His slouched posture and arms crossed. He looks down at me, smiling. I leaned closer to him saying "I've never seen a horse." he smirks "Yeah, I can tell." I smile and turn to the window, putting my head against the window.

We stay in silence for the entire ride. I notice the sun to come out a little but still clouds roamed and wind hard enough to sway the trees. Luke jolted up saying "This is our stop." He grabs my hand and guides us outside. This town looked secluded, few people roaming the streets. Luke rubs his hands saying "We have to walk a little, take us about 20 minutes for us to arrive." I nod and follow him walk into the woods.