Chapter 3: Ready?

As class begins to end, I could hear Louis from the opposite side of the room, telling random jokes and even the teacher started to laugh. Man, that boy doesn't have a filter or a mute button. As the final bell of the day rings, dismissing classes, I see Ashton outside the classroom, through the door window. He spots me and waves ridiculously like a little girl. I exit the class and walk to Ashton "stocker." He pauses and then smiles "you know you like it." I laugh "God you don't deny it!" He shrugged "Where's Loui?" Then Louis from behind me yelled "Ashton if you like where your balls are at, don't call me that again." Ashton laughs and leans next to me "So give us your address." I click my tongue "first of all, I don't think it's smart to give away my personal information to stalkers..." I pause to let Ashton scoff and Louis laugh then continued "And I don't know my address." Louis laughed like if he'd seen some one trip and Ashton looked shocked "How does one not know there address?" I raise my hands upward "I just moved here two weeks ago guys, I'm pretty new to London." Ashton nodded in agreement "okay we'll just take you home now, that way we'll know where you live." I agreed "sure." Louis stopped by a tree at the parking lot "We have to wait for Arlene; she'll kill me if we leave her." Ashton asked "she had friends right?" Louis scoffed "Don't care." I giggle a bit.

Suddenly Louis yelled, startling me, "Come on! Or you're catching the bus!" I saw Arlene quickly walk to the parking lot where we were waiting for her. She angrily yelled back "Louis calm down." Louis threw his head back, stuffing his hands inside his pockets "thank god I only have to drive you this year, gonna be fun watching you take the bus every day." She mocks "Yeah that's if you graduate this year." Louis rolled his eyes and Ashton yelled "Burn!" I abruptly said "You're graduating this year?" Ashton groaned "Yeah we both are." I nod my head back "Oh." Arlene mocked "yeah you wouldn't think these dumb heads would graduate." Louis sneered back "Just because I'm bad at math, doesn't mean squat alright." We got into Louis car and left to my house. I was really bad giving directions, but what was supposed to be a 10 minute drive to my house turned into 30 minutes. I apologized "Sorry, my bad, I'm not good with directions." Arlene turned to me "yeah no kidding." I shyly giggled and got out of the car. I wave at them "thanks for the ride; I'll be ready at 7 then." Ashton saluted me "See you soon." The car drove away, leaving me standing alone, the cold air started to take over my body so I entered the house.

I threw my bag onto the sofa and kick off my shoes to the side. I walk into the kitchen. It was complete silence, only the sound of the wind swooshing against the window. I decided to take a shower; I had three hours till Louis picks me up for the party. Usually I'm not the party type but I want to make friends, I wouldn't handle being alone here for six months. I usually stay home or go to the mall or movies with my friends. I turn the water on and jump in. I stood under the water too long thinking about my situation, that it had turned cold. I quickly shower and get out. I change into black skinny jeans and a dark green shirt with an elephant on it. I put my high top vans. I decided to go downstairs and watch T.V. I flip through channels and finally settle with to watch That 70's show. After a few good laughs, I start to doze off, eventually falling asleep on the sofa.

What felt like a five minute nap turned into two hour sleep? I was awaken but a loud bang on the door and Ashton yelling "Emma?!" I jump out of the sofa and open the door. He coughed "we called you and called you." I tug at my jeans "My phone was charging up stairs and fell asleep on the sofa." He waved to follow him "come on, hurry." I pointed up stairs "let me grab my sweater and phone." He nodded and head out to the car. I run up the stairs, grab my grey sweater and phone from the stand. I locked the door and headed out to a party with two dorks I barely met today.

As I get into the car, Arlene is in the other seat looking at me. I buckle my seat belt "hey." She sighed "what took you so long?" I look outside "Sorry, I fell asleep on the sofa." Louis turn to us "Ready? It's going to be lots of fun!" I try to sound excited "yeah, cool." The ride there was awkward, no one said a thing. I looked outside to the dark view of London. Then from afar I see a lake house with lights bouncing off the windows. I wasn't ready for this, I only been to birthday parties, not frat parties. Something bad was bound to happen.