Chapter 45: Lux?

Harry woke me up at four in the morning just to take me early to the beach and watch the sun rise. It was all worth it, watching the colors mix in the sky. It looked like a beautiful master piece and the few seagulls flying in the air made it even more realistic. Even the smell of the ocean was great.

We sat on the sand, knees to our chest and sharing one large plaid blanket. It was cold, even the tip of his nose was turning red. I smile, laughing "It's so beautiful. You know, I think no matter where I travel, what places I see; I will always love this place. It's my first home." Harry chuckles, looking at me "You hated coming here?!" I scoff "Excuse me for almost drowning and dying." His laughs lower "You know, I think I have never been more frightened. That day was traumatizing. I mean one minute I was playing with my best friend, splashing water and the next minute a wave passes. It rolled over us. When the water cleared, you weren't standing in front of me anymore. Before I could process that the waved dragged you in, I panicked, screaming and literally crying." I sigh, grin a bit "Yeah, I remember. I was standing there with you, laughing and splashing and suddenly I lose my balance. I was pulled in and rolling around with the waves. It was a continuous cycle, being trampled and trying to swim to the surface but I was so defenseless. I remember the panic, an immediate shock when I couldn't breathe. My eyes burning open and alert of my dark surroundings. Then I couldn't hold my breath any longer and water filled my lungs. I was choking, my chest burning and my heart accelerating. I was slowly dying, drowning and no one around me. I was dying with no one to hold my hand." He clicks his tongue "Oh Emma. You're fine now. Thankfully my dad spotted you." I smile, hugging him.

I have experienced five death near situations. The first time, I wasn't even born yet. My mother's organs were wrapped around my neck, choking me. I was seven months, born premature. I had to be in the incubator until my lungs fully developed. The second time was here at this very beach. My third time was when I was 12, a year later after the incident at the beach. My parents got into a car accident and it hit us from behind. The car smashed the entire back; the car was literally on my back. Thankfully nothing happened to me and Natalie. The fourth time, I was with Luke. Crossing the street and almost getting trampled by an oncoming car. He saved me. And I hope my fifth and final time was the incident at the Farris Wheel. Luke saved me again. And this time, I do have the scars to prove it actually happened. On my hand I have the ugly painful memory of death.

Then harry breaks my concentration "SO tell me again how your mom acted when she met the Smiths." I laugh. I exaggerate everything, my tone, expression and behavior "She has diabetes. She had a heart attack. She eats donuts. I make great babies." He chuckles.

I went over Harry's house. I haven't stepped foot in that house since I left. Seems like forever. I sat on their black couch and look at an awkward painting. I laugh "When did that happen?" he lifts his gaze up from the phone and looks at me, laughing "My dad's dating an artist." I smirk "oh, I didn't bet on that one. Let me see if I recall. He dated a swim suit model, correct?" he laughs "Oh yeah. I remember that one." I roll my eyes and continue "he dated a teacher, a nurse, a police officer, a volleyball player, and now an artist." He scoffs "Hey, you forgot about the drummer and receptionist." Then Gemma walks into the living room holding Lux "You also forgot about the summer fling with Ms. Bergen's. The one with five children."

I stand up, extending my arms to hold Lux. She yells "Emma!" I smile "Hey Babes! Look at you, all grown up!" I grab her and she shows me five fingers "I just turned five! And a tooth fell out!" Gemma laughs "More like Harry tied a string around your tooth and pulled it." I roll my eyes and sit with Lux. She tells me all her adventures of pre-school. We have a few laughs and dorky comments of the little girl who stole her play-doe.