77

Ian worked at a zoo. It was the only job that paid enough for him to live alone. It didn't usually happen, but today was different. He was feeding the Penguins, giving special treatment to his favorite, a runt named Allie. Someone started yelling at him about how terrible zoos were. He just ignores them. "It's like jail, except they did nothing wrong! Do you know how sick you are?!" Ian was tempted to throw a fish in their direction. But there was another person already up there. "Leave him alone! All he does is work here. He didn't get the animals himself, this guy isn't single handle capturing animals that are to sick to be put back in the wild and driving them here. He's just feeding fat little penguins, what's so hard to understand?" He was wearing a black t shirt with a little heart embroidered onto the left side of his chest. An smiled up at him.
When the person who was yelling walked away, Ian lakes out. "Hey, thank you for that, do you, uh, do you wanna let the babies?" He asked. The man leaned over the rails. "Oh my god yes! Where are they!" He sounded like a child. Ian just laughed and opened the gate, leading him to a special room.
"What's your name?" Ian asked. The man smiled. "Joji, what about you?" "I'm Ian."
They carried on with conversation until Ian opened a door, and small little squawks could be heard. Joji stopped in the middle of his sentence, eyes wide with excitement. One ran over to them as soon as the door opened, poking them in the legs with its tiny beak. "I think earl likes you," Ian said with a smile.