35

even since Ian had moved away, breaking up with Joji after a long relationship, Joji found the rain more calming. The way the water splashed around like the sky was crying.
It felt nice to have something in common with it.
So Joji moved. To a place with a lot of rain, the exact opposite of Ian. And just the thought of him made Joji with the sky would grow dark so he could take a walk without looking terrible. The onto words Ian had said to him were harsh, unloving. 'I never wanted you. It was all a bet, you're an annoying little shit and I fucking hate you. Okay? I hate you. Don't call me, don't text me, just forget about me.'
And damn did it hurt. The first few seconds after that Joji laughed. "Shit man that's a good joke, who told you to do that?" And he laughed more. But Ian's face stayed cold. "I'm not joking. We're through. I fucking hate you." And he slammed the door on his way out, all the while Joji texted max, Chad, HTB, and all of their other friends, asking each one who told Ian to say that, complementing them on their joke skills.
Max called him after a few minutes. "Joji I asked him about it, he said he was serious." Max sounded quiet upset himself.
And in that moment was when Joji looked outside, and he fell in love with the rain.
Which was why he took a walk at midnight. He always enjoyed the thunderstorms the most. Because then the sky would be angry, like a child slamming their fists down and sobbing. Joji smiled, letting the rain splash on his face, drop down, and send shivers through his body.
He kept walking, remembering to leave a not on the door.
'Tell Ian that I'm fine. I'm sorry that I've left you all, but it's time.
I find peace in the rain..."
Days later, a body was found. The body that belonged to Joji Miller, the very body that Ian was standing in front of, while he lay in a casket.
It was Ian's turn to find peace in the rain.