38

"Joji, baby, please just close your eyes," Ian whispered. Joji couldn't. He just stared straight ahead, eyes unfocused. "Please, I know you're headstrong, and I really love that about you, but I love you to much to let you see this, baby please. Just close your eyes, close your eyes and just hold on. It'll be okay," Ian tried to make Joji look away, away from the blood, the gore, away from everything. So he did. He closed his eyes.
And Ian pulled him close, holding him to the blood soaked tshirt he was clad in. Onto his jeans, soaked with the same liquid. And Ian closed his eyes, where the blood mixed so wonderfully with his pale skin. There where his lip was split, and his head bleeding, and it was quiet then.
But there's always a calm before the storm. And Ian knew that he was dying, and there was no chance of saving himself without hurting Joji. "Baby, I'm not going home this time around," he whispered. As if that confirmed Joji's fears, he just squeezed Ian harder. "Please, this has to be a joke, Ian don't leave me," he begged. Ian kissed his forehead, "I can't make it and we both know it." They both opened their eyes. Joji's filled with tears, and Ian's were glassy.
He pulled Joji's face in for a kiss again, and he knew his lips tasted like blood but Joji didn't seem to care, because Ian could feel him cry.
"Don't leave me Ian," Joji whispered, holding the broken body of his boyfriend up, begging a god he didn't believe in to just wake him up, make him whole.