4

Ian knew that Joji was pretty anxious when it came to losing anyone he was close to him. And that was the reason he held his hand in public when it came to big crowds. But lately, Ian noticed that Joji would grab at his hand if there were just two people. He didn't want to say anything, but he couldn't help it when Joji grabbed his hand in a barren street.
"Why do you hold my hand more often?" Ian popped the question. He could feel the tension rise, and he felt Joji's fingers slip from his. "Sorry, I've just been really anxious and I was hoping you wouldn't notice." Joji's voice was soft, like he was scared to say the wrong thing. "It doesn't bother me, I just noticed," he reached for Joji's hand again. And the smaller hesitated before giving in.
Ian noticed that he stopped grabbing for his hand now. That he would just close his eyes and hope that Ian wouldn't notice. But he did. And he asked Joji about it. "Was it because I said something?" He asked, slightly worried. "No, I, I just really don't want to make you uncomfortable," Joji replied, looking dead ahead, eyes glazed over. "Why would you make me uncomfortable?" Ian asked. And Joji's reply was so quiet, and so small that Ian almost didn't hear it.
"Because you're straight and I've got a crush on you." Joji's face was a solid red, his cheeks stained with silent tears that Ian didn't notice at first. And he stopes in his steps. "Really?" He asked, voice just as quiet.
Joji didn't stop, only muttering a small, 'yes.'
And that was all Ian needed. He grabbed Joji's wrist, turned him around and slammed their lips together. Joji's body tensed at first, but as soon as he registered what was happening he kissed back.