29

Joji always kept his panic attacked a secret, but somethings can't stay hidden. He forgot his meds one morning, and he suffered through hell because of it. His whole body was shaking, and his eyes were wide. He was about to have a fucking panic attack. Right in the school hallway. Out of all he places, and all the times, it had to be right then, right there. Joji it's hugged himself and rushed to the bathroom, maybe he could call his dad to pick him up, or maybe he could ride it out. Either way, he knew he wasn't going to get to the bathroom before he started to cry. Fuck fuck fuck
Joji thought. There were people just staring at him, watching him suffer while he practically ran to get to safety. Everywhere felt like land mines, little explosions going off in his mind, his chest got tight, fuck, he couldn't breath. He felt a warm hand on his back and it sent him full scale into panic mode. He started sobbing, breathing loudly and harshly, but that hand stayed there, and another one tucked itself under his legs, picking him up and holding him to a warm chest, with a rhythmic heart beat. He looked up with wide eyes at the person holding him. It was a tall guy from one of his classes, he remembered his name as Ian.
Ian started to run to the nurses office, still holding Joji close. He smelt like peppermint and axe body spray, Joji had expected that. But he hadn't ever thought about him being this strong, for gods sake, Joji weighed 125 pounds and Jan looked like a few heavy rocks would kill him. But Joji must've thought wrong.
Before he knew it he was at the nurses office, and Ian was telling the lady what he saw. But Joji couldn't hear him, all he could stand to hear was the beating of Ian's heart, slow and steady, it was calming.
Ian dragged him over to one of the beds the nurse used for sick kids. He held Joji close, rubbing his back and talking to him, looking concerned at him. It was honestly painful to see him that broken, but Ian managed to get Joji calmed down a few minutes later. "Shit man, you fucking scared me. I put my phone number in your pocket, call me next time that happens okay? I don't care if it's three in the morning, just tell me." Ian said, squeezing Joji's shoulders when he'd moved to sit beside of Ian instead of on him. "You don't even fucking know me," Joji muttered. "I don't give a shit. You still call me and maybe then I'll get to know you better." Ian said. Joji just nodded and looked down.