Chapter XXXVI: Sickly Sexy

Beginne am Anfang

Hmm… maybe no one’s in here.

Contemplating my next move, I inhaled then got hold of the door knob. Slowly, one eye close like I’ll get hurt of just opening the door, I tried opening it…

Click!

It’s open! Halleluiah!

Okay I’m acting weird but no one can blame me since I’m almost like trespassing. I pray to God that they won’t press any charges for what I’m doing.

I poked my head inside then with one swift gaze, I examined the surrounding trying to find any blue-eyed guy. But I was hoping, I won’t see the gay one.

To my utter dismay or relief or I really don’t know what I’m feeling, the room was empty and eerily silent. I exhaled the air I’ve been holding as I push open the door and entered their swanky room. I closed the door then pressed my back on it, feeling yet again so paranoid. What if they saw me in here? What do I say? …Oh you know, I just love barging in inside a room with two handsome sexy brothers.

Totally not a decent purpose.

I stayed on the door and like a professional ninja, I crept silently (cue mission: impossible soundtrack), pressed on the wall and looking frantically from left to right.

When I saw their modish living room, I totally forgot how classy their room was since I haven’t been here in ages, I noticed it was still blue-eyed free. Where are those two brothers?

Once again, with the mission: impossible still playing on my head, I tiptoed towards the left side where I need to do my true mission.

But before I could take another step, I heard a clicking of the door on the other side. My body froze instantly and my heart ran faster than Usain Bolt.

Abort Mission! Abort Mission!! I repeat, Abort Mission!!!!

I turned on my heel, thankful that my mind was totally processing right, and ran back to the hall but I stood still yet again when I heard a familiar voice. That voice that spreads tingles all over me.

“Scarlet”

He spoke weakly but he sound so sure it was me. How… oh right, of course. It has to be connected with my hair. Damn this red hair!

And damn me for being a failed detective! Or ninja!

I winced as I imagine the dark Raf when he finds out I came here to see his brother. I can't tell him that I came here to see him. He would just think that I'm the old obsessed bestfriend who's deeply inlove with him. I don't want him to think of me that way. I'm done being the person with an unrequited love with the bestfriend. So cliché.

But yeah, the feelings are still here. It's so strong that I can feel my heartbeat getting faster and faster with every second I can sense that Raf is just behind me.

He wasn't speaking but I can feel his piercing gaze bore at my back like any minute my head would have a hole at the center.

Eww! Shoo disgusting thoughts.

Here goes my delaying tactics again. I should focus on the situation as I can sense Raf and his curiosity of why I'm here in their very room.

Sighing, I whirled my body to face him and oh so very slowly, I looked up to see his…

Oh.

My.

God.

Ohmygod. Oh my god. Oh. My. God. OH MY GOD!

I think my brain isn't functioning properly 'coz that's all I can say comprehensively right now.

My breath started to turn into pant like I've run a thousand miles. I was on the verge of hyperventilating but I tried stopping myself before I passed out. Or maybe I should just feign fainting.