Chapter XXXII: New Year's Eve

Woopsiedoodledoo!

It's now or never so read, vote and comment all of you awesomeness! ^_^

***

“Is this the part where I say ‘You want to talk about it?’”

I turned my head to the side and looked up at a smirking Rupert. I was seated at the wooden chair in our front porch, staring at the night sky and thinking of the same person that’s been bugging my head for so long I can’t even remember when I started thinking about that person.

Wow, I’m confusing myself with my own words.

I just snorted back at him then turn my vision to the sky once again. I don’t want to talk about it, that’s for sure.

He chuckled sitting beside me, “A kiss for your thoughts then?”

“I’m quite sure it’s ‘A penny for your thoughts’” I snapped, glaring at him

He laughed, clutching his stomach, “Nah. I don’t need a penny. A new year’s kiss would be better”

“Of course you wouldn’t need a penny, you perverted-rich-red-Ferrari-owner” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Firstly, it’s technically my dad’s Ferrari. Second, I’m hot and desirable not a pervert and third, well, third... a kiss would still be better” He snorted, amuse smile on his lips

What the hell? The jerk Rupert is back.

“Did you come here to just annoy me?” I asked irritatingly

“No, I came to save the damsel in distress” He responded with a grin

I stared at him rising an eyebrow. Me? Damsel in distress?

Well, I wouldn’t say I’m a damsel but maybe I am in distress right now. I mean who wouldn’t be? After the whole Raf and his drunken state. Him telling me he had been successful protecting me from boys in high school then failing to do it when we entered college. Then him being so sweet lately. Not the sweet i’m-your-bestfriend-kinda sweet. It’s more like the sweet I-like-you sweet. Which is so next to impossible since he’ll never like a girl.

And it’s quite ironic since we’re not best friends anymore and that’s when he’ll act sweetly and kindly. I’m guessing he just felt guilty for saying mean and harsh words to me before I confessed my feelings for him. Maybe he just felt the need to be kind towards me to ease his guilt. And he had been too quiet recently. I’ve never seen him get mad at me but we didn’t see each other a lot lately but still, it’s a given that he’s acting abnormal.

This is Raf we’re talking about. To think, his my best friend for more than four years but I still can’t gauge everything he does. Most of the time, I keep on confusing myself on the acts he had done. I guess we’re both clueless on each other.

Then there’s his birthday party with his constant, never-ending unreadable staring. The exquisite present he had given me which I’m wearing right now, making my left wrist explicitly looked like a wrist of an elite like Christina. And I think I should stop thinking that bitch, it only makes matters worse. And of course, the surprise of the century... which was finding out the photo album with all photos of my hideous face. Like, what’s up with Raf? He did tell me from the start that he has a lot of photos of me but I didn’t expect it that he have a huge album full of my faces.

But I’m not gonna deny it. I’m sooooo touched and overwhelmed and giddy and jumpy and my heart flies to the outer space and landed back and did it all again. I’m that happy but my ever cryptic, pessimistic mind stopped me from continuing my fun.