Can't Win For Losing

Start from the beginning

"Yes it is a problem, as a matter of fact."

"All y'all little thots are after his money, damn shame women can't seem to take care of themselves."

"Excuse me, I'll have you know Chris had to convince me to give a chance. I'm a physical therapist, I make a decent living. So what ever your name is can come correct, because you got me Fucked up."

"Oh I know who you are now I apologize for how I came at you. It's nice to finally have a conversation with you Nicole. I'm Chris's big sister. "

"Oh nice to meet you so is Chris really onstage performing?"

"No he performed an hour ago, but he's been knocked out every since.

"Well when he wakes up just let him know I called, I gotta go now bye."

"Bye."

Just then the doorbell rung forcing me up out of the bed. When I opened the door, I was in the surprise of my life. I was not expecting to see Chris standing there in the flesh. His all dark brown hair, was now bleached blonde in the top. My eyes watered controllably, and I instantly jumped in his arms. I ended up knocking over his suitcases in the process. I really missed him a lot.

"Why are you back so early?"

"Atlanta ended up getting flooded, so my management team decided to pull out. They ended up canceling most of my performances. So I only have about three shows left. They're in Las Vegas, Here in Los Angeles, and in Phoenix, Arizona ." He said after he put me down.

"So when are you suppose to perform at these shows?"

"In almost three weeks."

"Ooh that's plenty of time." I smiled

"So Chris I have a lot to tell you."

"Okay let me take another shower, and unpack then I'll be all ears."

He dragged most of his bags upstairs, and I grabbed the ones he couldn't carry. He immediately began unpacking, and I helped him. Then he disappeared in the bathroom.  I heard the shower water cut on, and that bought me some time. I rummaged through my purse and pulled out the ultrasound pictures. When the shower was cut off Chris came out dried off and ass naked. He went over to dresser and put on his boxers. Then he put on a t-shirt, and some sweat pants. Then he put on some socks, and a pair of his Nike slides. Then that's when he turned around and grinned at me. He laid on the bed next to me with the pillows propping his head up, and his hand on his stomach.

"So I have some news to tell you. I figured it would be best to tell you face to face."

"Okay go ahead."

"So back when I still in Houston, I had taken some antibiotics. I was really sick and I forgot that it counteracts birth control. So as a result I am now one month pregnant."

He didn't look at me for a minute. But at the same time he didn't move or say anything. He just kind of looked straight ahead. Then his eyes finally settled back on mine.

"When did you find out?"

"On my birthday."

"Then today I ran into Jacob again, he yelled at me for no reason. I almost thought he was going to put his hands on me that's how crazy he got."

Chris immediately stood up, and he looked angry. He walked out of the bedroom, and slammed the door. I heard the heavy thud of footsteps running down the stairs. I got up and ran down the stairs after him. He was digging through his bowl of keys, and I grabbed his arm.

"Chris where are you going?"

"Don't worry about." He snapped

"Can you please just tell me where you're going?" I grabbed his arm again, stopping him from exiting the house.

My eyes began to water uncontrollably. That's when Chris grabbed my arm aggressively, and slammed my back up against the wall. When my back hit the wall, the lump in my throat began to grow, and my tears were threatening to spill over. I stared him in the eyes, as he stared at me back. I could see that was constantly clenching, and in unclenching his jaw.

"YOU JUST DON'T GET IT, DO YOU?" He yelled at me

"Chris I'm-"

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS INSIST ON HIDING SHIT FROM ME?" He yelled louder

"I wanted to tell you-"

"HE COULD'VE HURT YOU, AND NOW YOU'RE PREGNANT. OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE YOU'RE HIDING? ARE YOU EVEN PREGNANT?" He raised up my shirt.

"Yes I'm pregnant. I was really gonna tell, I just wanted to see you face to face."

"BULLSHIT!" He punched in the wall, near my head. After he pulled he his hand out of the hole, he quickly left out the house and slammed the door on his way out. Leaving me alone with my thoughts. And tears rolling down my face, as I sunk to the floor. I knew I had fucked up, but I was trying to do the right thing. But I can't never win for losing.
~~~~~