"Yeah pretty much."

There was a long silence on his end. The silence was a little threatening. I said hello a few times to see if he was there, but I received no answer. Right when I was about to hang up, he finally said something.

"Aye if he show up at your job, or any other non typical public place let me know. I'll call one of my body guards to watch over you."

"Okay but I don't know if that will be all that necessary."

"This is not up for discussion. Thanks for letting me know. I got to talk to you later, I love you."

"I love you too."

After I hung up with him, I simply went to sleep. Hopefully all that would've been settled. I don't want Chris to do anything stupid, which is why I didn't want to tell him in the first place.

********

January 27th

For the past few days, my breasts have been sore. I even opted to go bra less. I wore an undershirt to keep people from noticing. Sometimes I have to do this if my period is starting soon. Working today was extremely exhausting. As soon as I got off work, I went straight to sleep.

On the positive note, I haven't seen Jacob ever since that day. I wonder what made me sick that day. Because I haven't been sick since. I've haven't even felt nauseous. But I've been more tired. Though I have picked more hours at work. I needed something to distract me a bit more since Chris is gone.

My birthday is coming in a few days, and I wonder I how I'm gonna celebrate it. Chris is gone, so that means no birthday sex. Maybe I might party with some of my old college friends. It's going to be sad not having Makayla around to get drunk with. But I can't blame nobody but myself. I just hope her, and her child are resting peacefully. I would do to bring her back, and I mean that. She was a good friend, and instead of giving her chance to explain, I treated her like shit.

Before I even realized some tears had fell down my cheeks. It's been a while since I cried about Makayla's death. Most of the time I try to avoid thinking about it. But this is going to be the first birthday in eight years that she won't be alive to see.

********

January 30th

My birthday is today, and I was excited. But then I wasn't all that excited. I quickly got up and did my morning routine. As soon I came out and got dressed, Chris called my phone.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He yelled through the phone

"Ow.. and thanks I guess."

"Aww come on don't be like that. You're turning 25 today."

"Yeah I know."

"Well you should be more excited than that."

"I am, but I just woke up not too long ago."

"Look I'm sorry, I couldn't be there today.  But I did  leave a few gifts in one of the closets for you."

Well thank you."

"Okay go to the last guest bedroom on the right, look in the closet. It's a little door in that closet. Open that door up, and pull out a birthday gift bag. Inside that you should find your gifts.

As he talked I did as he instructed. When I pulled the bag out, there was a Michael Kors purse sticking out of the bag. There was another Moschino purse he put behind the gift bag. When I pulled both purses out that's when I discover there was something in each bag. The purse inside the gift bag, contained a ring, a few diamond bracelets, and a few diamond necklaces. When I opened the other bag, it contained five grand.

My eyes began watering, as I was so grateful at his thoughtfulness. I forgot he was still on the phone, so I quickly thank him for everything.

"You're welcome, I would've got more but at time you were still in Houston. I didn't know if you were coming back."

"What you bought me was more than enough. I didn't even want the money."

"Well you deserve it, because I will always take care of my baby."

"I love you."

"I love you too, and happy birthday again. But I gotta go, because I'm ready to go back to sleep."

"Bye."

I decided against going out to party. I rather chill inside. But I am going to Makayla's grave site to pay my respects. I went to the store and bought a single rose to lay on her grave. When I drove to her grave I just stared for a minute. I had to blink back my tears, because they were on the verge of falling. Then I once again apologized. I laid the rose down, and stepped away. When I began walking back to the car the nausea feeling came back.

I couldn't keep dealing with this feeling, because I go back to work in a few days. I needed to go to the doctor today. So instead of going back home, I went straight to my doctors office.

"Well happy birthday, what seems to bring you here on your birthday?" My doctor said

"I've been feeling nauseated recently, and I've been more tired than usual. I've had my period, so I doubt I'm pregnant."

"Well I'll take some blood, and I'll have the lab run some tests. But before we do that, I need to weigh you."

When I got weighed there wasn't any significant difference. I weighed practically the same. Once the doctor took the blood, I waited for a good forty five minutes. The doctor came back, with my file. And there was a paper she stared at for minutes. Then she looked up at me. Her face turned to total seriousness.

"So the test results are back."

"What they find?"

"Do you have any names you like, because you are indeed pregnant." She smiled at the end
~~~~~

Y'all shocked at Jacob's confession?

(Be honest) y'all tired of this book yet? Cuz I am sadly 😂.

How will Chris react to Nicole's news?

Oh and good book alert: Action by MsDominique beware of some of my comments. Y'all should check it out.

-Word_Addict-