-Chapter Sixty Two-

Jackson's head drooped as his eyes opened for a fourth time. He was bleeding from his mouth and nose. Cuts and bruises covered him.

Jackson had no idea as to how long he had been here or where he was.

"Oh so your awake again?", asked a voice. Jackson lifted his head feeling a fist smash into his cheek.

Jackson spit blood and saliva out onto the dark floor. He heaved over turning his head slowly after a few moments. Jackson smirked.

"Your such a an ass", he muttered.

Another hit.

"I would refrain from such fowl language.....you marines....always so colorful with your words", scoffed the man. He sounded elderly. But he packed a punch.

"Get's the point across to you people", breathed Jackson.

The man smiled hand hit Jackson's cheek lightly toying with him, "Oh I think my point will be made soon enough. She'll come", said the man.

Jackson laughed he was delirious by now, "Yeah right! She's maimed, can't even walk because of you!", hissed Jackson spitting.

The man was amused he leaned forward, "Trust me.....even if she had to crawl she wouldn't let someone die without a fighting chance. She's just that naive", whispered the man.

"I don't know who you are but I swear you've got some wooden nickels that your placing bets on-AW!", Jackson was cut off as he was struck again.

"Hurts doesn't it? Don't worry, it should only be a few more hours. Considering that she can't walk.....that will make this all the more enjoyable", whispered the man.

Jackson swallowed breathing. His chest was tight and he was aching. He knew that even he had his limits. He wasn't sure how much more he could take. Though Jackson's hands were strapped to the chair in the captain's quarters he breathed managing to click the pen in his sleeve.

"Fuck you", he whispered feeling the needle pierce his skin.

The stranger struck Jackson again. Jackson slowly felt the sedative take affect.

This better work. And it better last.

Jackson felt his eyes roll into the back of his head and his breathing slowed as the man kept hitting him and hitting him. Over and over and over again.