-Chapter Sixty One-

Anderson stared as DeLacy sat alone. He was officially just keeping an eye on her. He shoved his hands in his pockets. Cigarette in his mouth. DeLacy had been sitting there alone for a while now. Just sitting at staring out into the ocean night sky.

He walked forward.

"You shouldn't be out alone", said Anderson.

DeLacy turned her head seeing him.

"Anderson, did Jackson send you?", she asked.

Anderson blinked, he decided to play along with this. Anderson nodded, "Yes, he want feeling well", said Anderson.

The lie rolled off his tongue smoothly. It was natural.

DeLacy narrowed her eyes, "Really?", she asked.

Had she caught it?

DeLacy sighed, "Men, always playing tough", she sighed shaking her head looking back out at the see.

The breeze blew stiffly and she shut her eyes her skin shivering from the slight cold.

Anderson came taking off his coat and put it over DeLacy formally. He leaned his back against the railing with crossed arms. The breeze blew again. His hair shifting slightly.

DeLacy brushed a strand back into place.

"Thank you", she said kindly.

Anderson chuckled, "That's a first", he said smiling.

"I can always go back to not thanking you", warned DeLacy.

"I apologize...I was....I was just surprised", confessed Anderson.

DeLacy nodded, "I see", she said.

"Just as surprised as I am to see you in a dress....you look lovely", he said.

"And you look formal", said DeLacy.

"Nothing new there", chuckled Anderson.

DeLacy smiled shaking her head, "Right, the same old Anderson", she said looking at him.

"Look at that! Your smiling too!", teased Anderson.

DeLacy stuck out we tongue at him, "And you keep judging me", she said.

Anderson reached out his hands.

"Come on, I know you want to stand", he said.

"No, no I'm perfectly fine", said DeLacy shaking her head looking away.

Anderson pulled her up though and pressed DeLacy against the railing. He felt her tense at his sudden superiority. Her breath hitched

"Anderson I'm not...-",

"I'm not one to take no for an answer", he replied quietly.

Anderson stared at DeLacy. His heart pounded. DeLacy's too. She was eying him cautiously.

"Anderson, I-",

"Just don't speak", whispered Anderson.

Anderson leaned forward and DeLacy turned her head away. Anderson gripped DeLacy tighter holding her close and breathed her in.

"Just let me hold you....please......I just....I just...need someone to hold", whispered Anderson quietly.

Tears were streaming down his face and his shoulders went up and down.

Anderson held DeLacy. He slipped onto his knees sobbing letting go and pressed his head to the ground gripping the ends of her dress and DeLacy was forced to grip the railing to keep from falling down onto him.

"DeLacy...I...I know....I know that I haven't been the best and yes we continue to disagree....but-but- you are the noblest woman I have ever met. And I need you....I need you to know that these past five years every time you disappeared for most of the year I to this Game.....I was worried sick. Not because it was my job DeLacy.....but.... But because when I saw you....alone....in a room full of men...you-you just stared at me when I came in beaten and drunk and you....you forced me to become better than I was then. You forced me to change....", cried Anderson quietly.

DeLacy stared silently.

"I was a wreck after the assignment I Afghanistan for M-I6. Tortured and twisted in the head....I was scared to death and making terrible choices....but...you made it easier to bare with...you broke me down and built me back up...DeLacy..-",

Anderson pulled DeLacy down startling her and slammed his lips against hers his fingers gripping her hands holding them back.

DeLacy's eyes were wide and she was shaking and shivering. She was straining not to freak out.

DeLacy didn't know what to do as Anderson held her crying there on ground.

Anderson pulled back lowering his head crying and gripped her shoulders shaking himself.

"I know...I know....I know this wrong.....I know your scared but....I can't bare the thought of...I can't bare the thought of loosing you", said Anderson.

DeLacy was stammering to get words out but nothing came. Her mouth was dropping open.

DeLacy swallowed hard and was silent for several moments.

"Anderson....I'm....I'm....I can't...I....", she couldn't finished her sentence.

"Please....just hold me....please", whispered Anderson quietly through sobs.

DeLacy stared. She swallowed staring at Anderson who looked at her with wet watering eyes.

She complied wrapping her arms around him.

"It's alright, it's alright", she whispered quietly.

She felt Anderson hold her close.

"I'm sorry....I love you....I really do", whispered Anderson.

DeLacy swallowed nodding, "I know Anderson...but... I can't-",

"I know....", whispered Anderson holding her just a little tighter and put his head on top of her's.

"I know....I know you love Jackson....I know", he whispered swallowing hard.

He had just admitted the truth to himself. But he had not accepted it.