Chapter Fifty Four

DeLacy heard Jackson call, "DeLacy!".

The gun shot came again. Four, another one. Five.

One more and the sniper would have to reload. DeLacy pulled her pistol from her strap pulling it back loading it. She clenched her teeth and raised the pistol towards Andrew. Who stared at her shocked. She dropped the gun hands falling to her leg as a bullet ripped through the wall hitting her left quad.

"Aw!", Jackson heard this  from where he was and moved along the wall over the body of the lawyer towards the doorway. He peeked in around the doorway seeing her on the floor of glass shards and pieces. He turned his head as he heard "Jackson!", snapped Anderson from down the hall crouched in the haze he too was dealing with assaulters firing at the side of the building and through the open shattered windows.

She reached for her gun flicking it with her finger removing her hand from her leg to drag herself towards it. By now the assailant had reloaded and shot another bullet. The dust and cement crumbs of the bricks fell on her hands and the floor as she reached for her pistol.

Grasping it she raised it again towards Andrew. Again he was petrified. Julia raised her gun.

'Why the heck did this woman have a gun?! Didn't they check her before hand?!' But DeLacy raised it up higher aiming for something else. DeLacy pulled the trigger three repetitive times. One after another. Julia didn't know and panicked pulling her trigger as DeLacy fired.

"Aw! damnit!", cried DeLacy her hand slamming down her fingers cutting as she hit the glass filled ground. She really wanted to yell what was that for?! But she clenched her teeth being hit in the shoulder now. Luckily the officer's aim had been drastically off at the sudden explosion which filled the room above their heads and the fire roared out of the broken window.

Julia screamed cowering in the corner and Jackson covered his head feeling the heat from the blast. But it had not touched him. Miraculously. Jackson peeked back inside the as the room was several degrees hotter and a few crackling flames.

He hurried inside looking at the window. He looked at her and saw the wounds, "Lawrence will be here-",

"Just get me out of here!", she hissed shutting her eyes painfully as he applied pressure to her side which was the worst of the injuries.

She gripped his coat as Jackson complied pulling her up her leg covered in blood under her pants. She was covered in dust and some of the glass shards fell off her. She groaned painfully as she walked out of the room.

"Hey wait!", called Andrew.

"No! You've done enough detective, we are taking this matter into our own hands!", snapped M-I6 guiding DeLacy to Lawrence and then sat her down against the wall letting Lawrence do quick work who began to quickly wrap the wound temporarily. He didn't bother to unbutton the shirt but tore it open getting a thick bandage and pressed hard making DeLacy slam her head back in agony, "Aww!".

"What the hell is going on!?", yelled Andrew.

"Pipe down! I haven't the slightest idea either!", yelled M-I6 glaring at Andrew.

Andrew pointed, "Why the hell is she getting shot at?! Why isn't she in protective custody!?", yelled Andrew.

"She is! You just forced parliament's hand with the horrendous claim that DeLacy was a primary suspect!", yelled M-I6.

Andrew stepped toward M-I6 glaring and got chest to chest yelling, "Maybe I should make you a primary suspect too and charge you with association!".

"SHUT IT!!! Grt!", DeLacy was glaring at both gentlemen for a moment only to hiss through her teeth again as Lawrence pushed harder to stop the bleeding and tied the bandage tightly.

"That will have to do for now", said Lawrence.

M-I6 glared, "What do you mean for now?!", asked M-I6 angrily.

"I need better instruments to remove the bullet", said Lawrence looking up with seriousness.

Jackson looked at DeLacy, drained, and straining. Sweating and dusted in a haze, "Don't you have anything for the pain?", asked Jackson.

Lawrence shook his head, "The dose of the pen wouldn't help, if DeLacy passes out it could be dangerous. I need her awake", said Lawrence.

"I can deal....with it....what I need to know....is-Grt! I need to know.....how you knew that....I was at the bombing site", said DeLacy.

"We found your DNA", said Andrew.

"No.....who told you?", she managed.

"Don't talk DeLacy, your making it worse", warned Anderson gun in hand.

DeLacy glanced at Andrew and then shifted her gaze to the roof her eyelids falling shut. She was struggling to stay awake. The pain wasn't going away and her head was swimming. Jackson spoke, "Hey, hey, hey look at me", said Jackson kneeling down. DeLacy did her eyes averting slightly towards him. But her deep brown eyes looked stressed and tense.

Anderson lifted his head as he heard, "We are in pursuit! I repeat in pursuit!", yelled Louis.