-Chapter Thirty One-

Anderson didn't know what to do other than wait. He couldn't carry DeLacy. It was too dark now to see where he was going. So all he really did was manage to get DeLacy under cover and he leaned against a tree to support himself. DeLacy lay on her back hands on her stomach as she breathed. It was still slightly rasping meaning something else was still wrong.

"Is your eye better?", asked Anderson.

"Not likely, I had a minor stroke, I can't even see my own hand in front of my face", said DeLacy.

"Why the bloody hell-",

"It's already too late to worry about it. The ninety minutes are long over with now. I'm just freaking lucky again", managed DeLacy her voice cracking.

"Again?", asked Anderson.

"Well....I was blown up and shot at again today, nothing new", replied DeLacy.

Anderson looked DeLacy's way just barely seeing her. It wasn't that it was cold it was utterly muggy and uncomfortable. Not to mention the mosquitos were out now buzzing around. Anderson swatted on the back of his neck. He winced hitting his purple bruise. It was still there from DeLacy's aggressive and violent choke.

"I apologize......I didn't mean for you to get hurt", managed DeLacy swallowing hard closing her eyes at a small shock of pain groaning in response.

"I'm the one who should apologize......I did something-",

"Just consider it.....grt! Even", wheezed DeLacy coughing.

Anderson looked over at her, "Nothing did happen though that night, correct?", asked Anderson.

"Anderson, I already told you.....", DeLacy paused for a moment to get the strength to speak and wiped her face with her hands, "Nothing did happen", she grumbled.

Anderson fell quiet and then he said, "What I said was true though DeLacy". He looked at her and heard DeLacy turn her head. "I meant what I said, you are the only woman to make me feel the way I do about you", said Anderson.

DeLacy was silent.

"DeLacy", whispered Anderson leaning his head back and smiled.

"I'll admit I sometimes just whisper Anderson DeLacy to hear the tune of it. Just to know I have a possible chance", said Anderson.

"You imagine yourself with my last name?", asked DeLacy.

"Out of all the false identities I've had over the years of my career.....DeLacy has never been one of them.....but I always hoped for it", said Anderson. He chuckled, "This may sound childish but I also even asked M-I6 once if he'd let me pose as your husband or fiancé as my undercover identity", said Anderson.

"You wouldn't want to have my last name", said DeLacy.

"DeLacy it doesn't matter anymore", said Anderson. He sighed shifting, "When I hear the name DeLacy, I think of the woman who's created this incredible project to help others. Has donated millions to education and service members. Plus has saved my life. Who wouldn't want to be related to the famed DeLacy? The Jamie DeLacy?", asked Anderson.

"Are we referring to the same one?", asked DeLacy.

"Quit being stubborn", grumbled Anderson.

"Stop being so naive", said DeLacy. Anderson narrowed his eyes.

"Who would you want to be?", asked Anderson.

DeLacy sighed closing her eyes, "No one else, living once is just enough for me", she said.

"I mean in the future", said Anderson.

"One thing at a time Anderson, one thing at a time", she said quietly taking a deep breath. Her breathing still sounded odd.

"Are you alright?", asked Anderson.

"My chest is just tight, but I also feel like there is water in my lungs. It still burns", said DeLacy.

Anderson stood getting up. "What are you doing?", asked DeLacy. Anderson sat back down groaning.

"You shouldn't even be moving", muttered DeLacy.

"Shut up", said Anderson sitting down and pulled DeLacy up against him supporting her back. "Ow! Anderson!", hissed DeLacy grabbing his hands. He stopped immediately after. He felt DeLacy lean against him slightly with not much of a choice. She was exhausted and her strength expensed.

Anderson interlocked his fingers around DeLacy holding her. Anderson sighed, "What's the difference between me and him?", asked Anderson.

"Seriously? Now...you bring it up.....of all times?", managed DeLacy croaking.

"Well, I can't ask when he's around", said Anderson.

DeLacy sighed, "I'm afraid I can't answer your question Anderson.....", said DeLacy her voice trailing off.

Anderson felt tears brim his eyes. He tensed. DeLacy noticed. "Are you, you can't possibly be crying?", asked DeLacy.

Anderson sniffed turning head away, "I can't believe this....the one I choose personally to join Loyalty and undergo training.....is the one you like.....bloody hell I feel like I cheated myself damnit!", muttered Anderson to himself. He sniffed blinking back tears.

DeLacy turned her head as far as she could seeing him as he sniffed. "Why the hell.....why the hell does this always happen to me?", he whispered.

DeLacy didn't know what to say. "Anderson I'm not in a relationship with Jackson, it's unprofessional", said DeLacy.

"You kissed him in the bathroom, bare and....slept with him!" hissed Anderson.

"I was in emotional distress! This is why it won't work Anderson! Because we argue! This is why!", snapped DeLacy she coughed turning her head. Her breathing and coughing short and sounded bubbly. Her lung were on fire as she coughed. Her throat grew sore and she managed to get it under control after several moments.

Anderson was silent and he broke, "I argue with you because...... I worry for you", he whispered tears streaming down his face.

DeLacy turned her head to see it as he looked away to keep from being embarrassed. She fell silent. Her heart pounded skipping a beat as she heard this. DeLacy swallowed hard. Anderson continued speaking through tears and sniffing.

"When you left then, shooting me and everyone else! I was scared DeLacy! I was scared! When I woke up I was scared! Scared! I was afraid of loosing you! You have no idea how I felt! You going off and then are in a coma! It....It......hurt", he finished.

"I had no choice", managed DeLacy.

"You had one! You just ignored it! Ignored the fact that we were there to help you! DeLacy you need to learn to rely on others and trust them a bit more", he whispered.

DeLacy was silent she smirked coughing then. Anderson's hold tightened. "One life is enough for me Anderson....but I still have a lot to work on", managed DeLacy. Anderson blinked his heart pounding in his chest. He could feel DeLacy's build. It wasn't like before...... she was weaker. She still wasn't in her best form as she used to be.

"Thank you.....thank you for coming back", whispered Anderson pulling he head back gently with caution to lean it against him. DeLacy turned her cheek getting comfortable a bit.

"I've told you before not to thank me anymore", she whispered.

"I thought we agreed that I argue with you", said Anderson.

DeLacy breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth smiling a small smile, "Yes......we did.....agree on that", she whispered. Anderson managed a small smile. He held her. As she closed her eyes her chest raising up and and down slowly seeming to hitch with difficulty.

Anderson kissed the top of her head, "It will be alright....I promise", he whispered.

It was only hours later that Louis arrived with the evacuation rescue team. He whistled sharply. "Hahaha! Look who we found!", he laughed.

Anderson smirked, "You jackass", he muttered to himself.