Chapter Twelve

Jackson managed to regain his senses. He blinked at the light in front of him. He was laying in a hospital bed. Jackson sat up jolting. He looked around quickly.

A voice that was familiar chuckled it was the Corporal Cinco, "Your up, it's about time. The others should be waking soon too within the next three minutes", said Corporal Cinco.

"What the-!" "Before you starting cussing around I'll tell you. Sheesh! I wasn't finished speaking", he sighed taking out his half sucked lollipop. Strawberry flavored.

Corporal Cinco continued, "It was the final test, I told you that by the next morning there would only be seven of you left. You and your buddy there were one of them. Pretty damn lucky if you ask me. But Tsch! This isn't going to be the hardest thing for you".

"What would that be? You made me go through a freaking mad house!", snapped Jackson.

Corporal Cinco smirked playing with the lollipop and crossed his arms. "You didn't even get burned you woos. No one got burned. No one even got hurt...other than your pal there and the guy you drilled in the face and broke the bridge of his nose that's about it", said the Corporal.

"Didn't-" Jackson looked at his hands and arms turning them over. It was fine.

"All I did was turn up the freaking thermostat boy. Then I told you a white lie saying that you might not live. It did the job of rooting those out who couldn't handle the rest. You saw how your roomies panicked after hearing they might die. It started hallucinations and drastic conclusions were jumped too. You only felt pain in your feet because you were running around bare foot all day and your nerves were sore. Telling you. The girl at least had the brains to put on her shoes this morning from Corporal Tres's group", scoffed Corporal Cinco.

"Rise and shine sweetie, took you long enough", said Corporal Cinco to Rollins who lifted his hands groaning and wiped his face.

"What?", groaned Rollins sitting up. He removed his hands from his face seeing that they weren't wrapped or burned.

"Don't ask", muttered Jackson under his breath. Rollins decided not too.

The Corporal stood, "Well boys, now that y'all are awake I'm going to let the lovely ladies care for you and once that's done with we can get started on the real challenge", said Corporal Cinco.

"What would that be another shitty obstacle course?", asked Jackson pissed off.

The Corporal burst out laughing, "No boy, no. Not another obstacle course.....your going to have to change. That's the next step".

"Change what?", asked Rollins.

The Corporal smiled his teeth pristine and his entire demeanor changed as he suddenly brought out a British formal accent and even his vocabulary altered.

"Your character, you are to become gentlemen", he said.