-Chapter Fifty Five-

"Well, well, Player Number One, I see you've found someone, I hope I'm not interrupting", said a voice.

Jackson snapped his head away glaring and pushed DeLacy behind him hearing the words player number one.

He stared at a man holding a drink who was amused. A blonde haired tall man.

"Oh! He's protective too!", laughed the man.

DeLacy tapped Jackson, "It's fine, don't let him tick you he's being formal", she said.

Jackson didn't move he refused to, "Not happening", he said back.

"Oh! This is adorable Player Number One! You are a lucky man. But I do have a few things to discuss with you Player Number One. Perhaps....over a drink?", he asked smiling.

"No, your going keep your ass right there", warned Jackson before DeLacy could say anything.

Louis and James and Jane May had their pistols our hands hovering to grab them.

"Player Number Two, ignore them. But I'm afraid I am a bit incapable", said DeLacy moving while holding onto Jackson.

Jackson wanted to push her back again, he didn't like this.

This man was player number two?!

All the more reason to keep her out of harms way!

"DeLacy!", hissed Jackson.

She ignored him as the man just sat down putting his legs in the water churning slightly.

"I heard.....I'm sorry.....that is what I wanted to discuss", said Player Number two.

"If it's details I'd like to refrain", replied DeLacy.

"No, no, I don't want to press that either. It's about who is responsible....this game....you've been in this before. Since you are number one. Me....my brother was a part of it last year...my elder brother", sarod the man.

His eyes cast down, he chuckled, "You shot him eight times....but who can blame you. He was a bastard Christian who had no values", said the man.

He shrugged, "But I do miss his preaches at dinner every night. Rather silent now", he added.

"Ah....he was the one who strapped me to an electrical chair and began to recite the bible", said DeLacy.

Jackson flinched tensing.

"Oh....well....he was a bit of a mad man", said the man. He paused and swallowed.

"Aren't you sick of it?", asked the man.

"That question is the stupidest one I've ever heard. What the hell do you think?", snapped DeLacy coldly.

She was offended. She knew player number two as a business acquaintance. She knew he knew her answer.

"Right, right, forgive me", said the man.

He sighed, "But....Player Number One.....none of us here want to....kill each other. None of us. I've spoken to the Haggards....they agree. Well all but one are completely mute. The Shanglas don't want to continue this either. Player number One you spoke to me about this game when my brother was a part of it last year. You warned me about what could happen. It did happen. But....I know you said you wanted it to end", said the man.

DeLacy stared, "I've been doing this for ten years....you think I haven't tried? It keeps happening. The Game won't end...because there will always be people who want more power...control...they think they can get it through winning. The Game won't end because, there will always be those people", said DeLacy.

The man swallowed.

"But what if we took out what the very game stands for....standing for killing", said the man.

"I've tried. It never works because there is always one who gets ticked and angry. It never works with backstabbers", said DeLacy.

"DeLacy....everyone has aligned to follow you. Every player wants to end this....if we take the reason away....would you be willing to do it?", asked the man.

DeLacy stared, she smirked, "I might as well try again, see how long it lasts", said DeLacy.

The man smirked extending his hand.

"You won't be disappointed", he said.

DeLacy shook it once firmly.

"It won't matter either way", she muttered under her breath.