Chapter Seven

DeLacy shifted her head slightly staring at the group as they walked in. Her eyes looked glazed over but she could see fine. Her body felt heavy and weak. She felt as if she was loaded on medication, which she was. DeLacy closed her eyes for a moment. The doctor stiffened thinking she was going to pass out again but she opened her eyes a second time. She stared at each of them for a long time in silence.

She sighed, "One of you is missing", she said.

"Jackson will be here, he's in the bathroom", said Rollins. DeLacy swallowed managing a small nod comprehending what she had heard. Her hearing was off.

"How are you feeling?", asked Anderson.

"Exhausted, sick....-", DeLacy began to cough shutting her eyes. Lawrence rushed over along with the doctor who began to feel and she shook her head.

"---Water", she managed through her constant coughing. The doctor snapped his fingers and an assistant did as requested handing it to him and he brought it to DeLacy's mouth tipping it carefully. Lawrence felt her back. But DeLacy caught her breath back breathing normally again.

The physician eyed DeLacy as she coughed one final time. "Sorry", she said. DeLacy was embarrassed. Her pride hurt. She didn't like people seeing her in such a frail condition.  But she hadn't even expected to be alive. DeLacy had officially thought she was really, going to be.....dead.

"What about you? Each of you looks like you've had a hang over", said DeLacy.

"We flew forum Nigeria when we were informed you were waking up", said Louis.

Anderson flinched as DeLacy glared. It was a tired glare and it didn't last as long as it normally would. Her head hurt and was fuzzy. DeLacy was too tired to argue this. She couldn't get angry at them. They had come to see her. She knew this. But she wasn't stupid. DeLacy couldn't entirely recall everything that had happened. Simply that she had done something. She recalled the men and who they were. The trip to Cuba.....but not much after that.

The one clear thing she did recall was the Game. She sighed shifting pushing herself up but Lawrence shook his head pushing DeLacy back down. "No, you need to rest, we just came to say hello and see how you were doing, just relax", said Lawrence.

DeLacy managed a nod her eyes closing for a moment as she collected her her thoughts. Her eyes opened and she glanced to the open door where Julia and Andrew were coming in. DeLacy snapped her eyes shut as her shoulder flared up in pain and her heart rate shot up on the monitor as it flared.

"Aw! Why hell-?!"

Lawrence knew what was happening, her body still thought it had been shot at and was reacting to the connection between Julia and her shooting DeLacy four months ago. DeLacy heaved difficultly. Her pulse was soaring and Lawrence felt her begin to sweat as her body began to hyperventilate.

"Out! Everyone out!", snapped the doctor back to his assistants.

DeLacy cried out as her side also flared up her leg suddenly stiffened cramping and she slammed her head back into the pillow her back arching. She spit through her teeth breathing. Trying to breath.

"Hey! Hey! It's not real! It's not real!", assured Lawrence.

DeLacy gasped as the doctor injected a shot relaxing her cramp immediately. She dropped her head swallowing and breathing. Lawrence could tell easily this was stressful for her. The physician spoke asking questions and examined her carefully along with Lawrence.

DeLacy's heart rate slowed calming down and she got her breathing under control. She swallowed her throat dry. She looked at Lawrence, for a moment and motioned for him to come closer. Lawrence leaned forward and she whispered almost inaudible, finding her words managing, "Get me Anderson when the doctor is gone", she whispered.

Lawrence smiled as she spoke to him pretending it was a compliment so the physician wouldn't notice. The physician continued and then shut the door leaving the rest to Lawrence. He knew that Lawrence was a former certified trauma physician. Lawrence nodded opened the door motioning for Anderson after the physician was gone.

Lawrence closed the door staying out of the room seeing DeLacy's lips move as she asked something of Anderson. The blinds on the viewing window slid down blocking the view.

"Is that safe?", asked Jane May.

Louis raised his eyebrows, "If privacy is a desire of the patient then privacy should be given", said Lawrence leaning against the wall with crossed arms