Chapter Twenty One

Everyone sat silently at the table or standing grimly. Anderson was holding an ice pack to his throat which was already bruising. Lawrence came back with failed attempts to get inside. DeLacy had locked herself in after Jackson had managed to pull her back to the complex. Anderson removed the ice pack looking back and winced pained at his movement laying on the council. Lawrence pressed the ice pack back.

"Keep it there to help with the swelling", warned Lawrence.

"You didn't get in?", asked Jackson.

"What else were we to expect. From what I'm hearing she's in the shower. Yet my expertise tells me it isn't to get clean. It's too simply calm down, it's dangerous for her to be alone in such a mental state, but also at the same time it is also a danger to her if we barge in there and frighten her", said Lawrence.

"Is she delusional?", asked Rollins.

"She suffers from PTSD you idiot", snapped Louis.

Everyone fell silent. "Do we know from what?", asked Jackson quietly.

Lawrence swallowed. "I'm not sure, yet I can take a guess.....", he said his voice trailing off.

"Bloody hell its from her father", snapped Anderson groaning and he sat up.

Lawrence glared at Anderson, "If you think you are going in there, I will absolutely not allow it. You ticked her off somehow and I don't know what you did Anderson but it was reckless and inconsiderate since you seem to know about this better than the rest of us", warned Lawrence.

"All I did was bloody kiss her!", yelled Anderson.

Marco was the only one who let out a laugh of disbelief along with Lawrence, "Pft! DeLacy has kissed Jackson, and many other men, even a girl- no offense", added Louis to Jane May recalling the hotel incident. Jane May raised her hands up in acknowledgement.

"None taken", she replied.

"Anyways, my point is, that I think simply kissing her didn't do anything, I think there's more to it your not telling us", said Louis.

"What the hell does it matter?! She's in the bloody room at the other end of the hall! Probably beating herself! Cutting herself with glass! And we are here doing nothing!", yelled Anderson painfully.

Louis glared shouting back, "We can't do anything until you tell us what you did! Own up! You talk to us about being gentlemen and you yourself aren't even fucking half of one!".

"Why you bastard!", hissed Anderson standing up and went at Louis.

"Hey!", yelled Rollins.

James stood between them both after Anderson had nailed a punch in Louis's jaw. Everyone split holding the man back. "Both of you quit it!", yelled Marco shoving them apart.

"Both of you are acting like children! Keep your voices down! She can hear us!", hissed Marco.

Everyone fell silent as whimpering sounds and muffled sobs were faintly traversing over the air. Jackson stiffened as he heard them. His jaw tightened and fists curled.

"What do we do now?", asked Jackson.

"We have no choice but to wait till she's ready", whispered Lawrence looking down.

"We have to keep trying", said Rollins.

"She's frightened, any sound with scare her. I don't know how to explain it but her mind isn't with us. We have instincts that we barely understand or know about ourselves. This form of isolationism is one of them. Hide for survival", replied Lawrence.

"That isn't right, we all suffered from PTSD symptoms, we got help! Why can't we-"

"Because not everything can be cured!", snapped Lawrence glaring at Rollins.

He calmed his voice down. Even he hated to admit that part. Yet it was true, "Not everything can be fixed, sometimes the mind is damaged beyond repair. She's taken suppressants, depression medication, visited psychiatrists and other doctors. You think she hasn't tried to get help? Her medical records show it. She's tried, some helped.....",

He lowered his eyes, "Only a little while though.....she knew the dangers of taking the drugs.....she feared getting addicted, so she refused them. I still get bottles for her prescription monthly which is provided by the American Government.....but she hasn't taken any of them",

Everyone was in defeat. So they just waited eventually breaking off to go just wait.

Wait and wait.