Chapter Thirteen

After Jackson and Rollins were patched up and cleared Corporal Cinco lead them to a door. He stopped though just before it then he turned on his heel, "Good luck boys", he said walking off.

"Where you going?", asked Jackson.

Corporal Cinco waved aloofly, "I've got other jobs around here boy. I won't see you again after this", he called.

"Shut up", said Jackson.

Corporal Cinco smirked, "I'll be expecting a gentlemen, not a boy. Don't worry Marry Eliza isn't too bad.....but she's got a nasty bite", he laughed walking off.

"What?", asked Jackson.

Rollins looked at the door his eyes determined. He clenched his fist and straightened, "Jackson, whatever is behind dose' doors is a chance for a new life man. If I got to change who I am....even if it's the color of my skin to make me a better person and get a chance to redeem for what I done....then I don't mind at all. In fact I'd rather become someone different than from what I am now", said Rollins.

"I don't know Rollins that's how you are....me there isn't any chance of change. I've tried....it never worked", said Jackson.

"We don't have a choice Jackson... Besides maybe this will be the break for you...it's our last shot. I'm taking it. And I'm not miss'in it", said Rollins who then pushed open the door and went inside. Jackson followed as well with a sigh.

As they both entered the room there were several pairs of eyes on them. Heads turned and looking. Four men, one woman. They stared quietly. But said nothing and just turned back around in their white desks. Everyone had on a white shirt, and heavy grey military grade pants and light brown boots.

There was a woman in the room at the projector who turned around. Her tight black skirt, and low cut laced blouse defined her. But just as everyone else in the room she was also still well built. Just thinner. She had her red hair up tightly in a sophisticated bun and pearl earrings. Her black rimmed glasses were sharp and made her look....sharp.

Jackson really was actually looking. Her up and down rather blatantly. The woman rolled her eyes knowing that he was staring at her chest. "And they told me I was going to get the best and brightest. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of low lives", she huffed.

The girl in her chair flinched but looked away. The comment was true....but they were here to try and make things right.

Marry Eliza sighed walking over towards Jackson who was much taller than her and he kept staring down. Jackson couldn't help it. He couldn't. None of the men in the room could. But by now they knew better. Rollins was staring straight ahead trying not to take glances. It was just so hard!

Marry Eliza slapped her silver metal ruler against Jackson's left ankle out making him stumble back surprised and into a chair. Marry Eliza glared at him she turned in her tall three inch heels. They clicked against the white tile flooring.

She glanced at Rollins who still was standing and straining to stare straight into projector board. She kept going but spoke with a heavy formal British accent.

"I suggest you take a seat", said Marry Eliza.

Rollins did snapping down quickly. She walked back to the fancy projector and began to move things around on the thin glass sheet. Jackson was totally bewildered. His ankle was bruised and it hurt. She had gotten him right on the bone damnit!

Marry Eliza spoke, "I suppose I should now finally introduce myself since we have all arrived", said Marry Eliza facing them all.

She continued, "I am Marry Eliza, you will address me as Madam, you will address every woman so. For every gentlemen you see from here on you will address as Sir. I am to make you boys and girls, men and women. I do not care with how many you've slept with nor what record you have. I do not care about your past nor where you served or as to who you were. I am going to teach you manners. You will learn them. You will not only bloody memorize them but you will execute them", said Marry Eliza. She paused seeing the woman's hand raise politely.

She glared not enjoying it. "It is respectful to save your questions for a designated time, rather than to question at a time when not everything has been heard", she warned. The woman dropped her hand swallowing. Mistake number one. Embarrassing.

"Some of you might think you cannot change, some think you won't change. But in twenty seven days you lot will have had no choice but too. Now any questions?", asked Marry Eliza.

The woman from before raised her hand timidly. "Yes?", asked Marry Eliza looking at her way.

"Miss-", "Madam", corrected Marry Eliza sharply.

"Sorry-", "The term is forgive me, or pardon me. Sorry does not cut it", snapped Marry Eliza.

"Umm...", the woman bit her lip nervous. She couldn't even get a single sentence out.

"You have asked for my attention it's rude to keep me waiting", warned Marry Eliza.

"Why the hell does this mean anything?", asked a man smirking. His smile was bright and he was relaxed in the back of his chair.

Marry Eliza looked at him, "Because the one you will be assigned to protect is Jamie Herald DeLacy", she replied.

"Sorry who now?", asked Jackson.

"Yeah I've never heard of this man", said the other with a furrowed brow.

Marry Eliza smirked, "That's because she isn't widely known to the public. But to high government profilers and wealthy businesses....she's competition and a trade partner to almost every well developed country in the world. She is the.....richest billionaire in the world", said Marry Eliza.

Everyone raised their eyebrows. Jackson and Rollins looked at one another. This was the second person to say that now. Jackson smirked, "So you want us to protect this billionaire, we getting paid?", asked Jackson.

Marry Eliza's eyes grew hard, "We would all rather be in the position your in. If money is what you need we will provide more than your fair share. In fact everything you've ever wanted can be provided for you if you succeed", she said.

"What if we don't want to?", asked Jackson annoyed.

"Then I suppose the individual who got you out of prison does not deserve your thanks", said Marry Eliza.

Jackson narrowed his eyes, "What if we fail?", asked Jackson then.

"I wouldn't be so caught up on the what ifs. I would focus on what is here and now. If we must focus on that then you will all be dead", said Marry Eliza. The female flinched in her seat.

"Prove to everyone you are not disposable. Your crimes to society were the greatest, therefore you owe much more. So, let's get started with this long and rigorous course. And you will comply, trust me. You will learn how to be formal and proper. And you will learn how to work together", said Marry Eliza slapping her ruler into her palm and glaring