Chapter Nine

Anderson closed the blinds turning back towards the bed. His hands were in his pockets as he stared at DeLacy. She looked at him.

"What the hell have you done?", she asked.

"I did what was required. M-I6 said it was an-"

"I don't care what M-I6 told you or told you not to do!", yelled DeLacy. Her eyes were hard and watering as she pushed herself up, Anderson didn't like this and as she had planned he came over and she grabbed his collar.

"My life, my choices, my lessons, and none of your business! Do you not understand that?!", she hissed.

Anderson was surprised by her grip as she pulled him, he glared at her, "I do not care if you wanted to die DeLacy! I have a job to do and that is to make sure you don't die! As do all the other gentlemen out there!",

"YOU KILLED EIGHT INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!!", raged DeLacy.

"They were not innocent! They were in the Game!", yelled Anderson.

"It isn't a Game!", yelled DeLacy back at him. "No matter what the fuck you do Anderson! No matter how many agents you have assigned to protect me! Even when this round ends it will still keep fucking going! People keep blowing people up! People keep kidnapping and shooting at one another! And they were innocent people who were just trying to live their lives while you just went around to Nigeria and other places shooting people! You didn't even give them a chance! They shot at you in self defense! But you just kept at it claiming it was to protect me?! The Game itself never ends because there will always be people like you claiming that they are doing it for a good reason or cause! Do you know how humiliated I feel because of you?! You shot eight people because you wanted me to live! That's what you claim! You sound so sick! Do you know whose families you ruined?! The Game is not a game! It's a fucking title! No matter what you do it won't ever end!", yelled DeLacy.

She let go of his collar breathing heavily and still sweating. Anderson stumbled back, DeLacy stared at him, "Don't you dare say you shot people who weren't innocent! And don't you dare say you did it to protect me because they were far away not even planning to shoot me! They had no clue who I was! Now hand me my phone!", snapped DeLacy.

Anderson shook his head, "I refuse", said Anderson.

"Give it to me", growled DeLacy. Anderson narrowed his eyes and he went to the bed leaning in close.

"No, you don't understand what hell they went through to keep you safe! Especially on the night you pulled that naive little stunt!", he hissed pointing back at the door.

"I may not remember exactly what the hell I did but I know that if I hadn't I would have regretted it!", yelled DeLacy.

Anderson clenched his fist around the bars of the bed. He clenched his teeth, "Do you have any idea how worried we all were?", asked Anderson looking up.

"Do you have any idea how worried I feel now?", asked DeLacy.

"Worried about what? You shouldn't be worried", said Anderson.

"The woman who wanted me dead is going to try again", said DeLacy.

Anderson looked down to see that she had slipped her phone out of his pocket, and had just pressed her image with her thumb removing the red X marked over  it. DeLacy was no longer dead. And she had just told the whole world.