Chapter Fifteen

The Commander had arrange for a place to stay on base in one of the small houses provided for families. It wasn't much but it was better than what the usual had. DeLacy went inside as Anderson held open the door. She was exhausted and knew what was coming.

"DeLacy", said Lawrence tossing the medication bottles.

DeLacy caught the pills of the first bottle frowning and sighed coughing after that. It was time for them she had procrastinated today and Lawrence knew this. She should have taken them once in the evening and once in the afternoon. It was close to eleven thirty already.

She went away into the small open kitchen exiting the corridor as the others carried in the bags. They were all stubborn saying she shouldn't carry it. Yet she was also stubborn and managed to snag one duffle bag. DeLacy dropped it on the couch and took off her coat tossing that over and unbuttoned her white collar pulling it loose to make it more comfortable. DeLacy wasn't in the best of moods now.

She went taking a glass from the cabinet and went to the sink filling it with water turning on the faucet. She pulled it back setting the glass down and popped open the cap dumping two pills into her palm. She threw them back swallowing the pills down with water.

She shut her eyes supporting herself breathing her shoulders locked. She felt as if she was going to vomit from the taste. Lawrence came setting the next two bottles of pills on the counter and then was shaking the liquid medication making a heavy slushing sound.

Jackson set down the bags within the individual rooms seeing DeLacy throw down the horrid medication and gagged hurdling over covering her mouth so it wouldn't be spit out. Lawrence flinched about to hit her chest thinking she was chocking but DeLacy turned yelling.

"Anderson let the woman inside!", she snapped.

Anderson flinched glaring at Lauren who had followed them. She officially didn't want to go inside but she had to ask. She had to know. Besides it was her job that was on the line.

Anderson nicked his head motioning for her to get going. Lauren took off her hat and stepped inside walking in looking around. There were fancy pictures hanging on the wall a mirror too with intricate details. There were blinds on the Windows and though it was a one story house it was, nicer than the apartments and other homes on base. Much nicer.

Lauren stepped inside walking forward looking at everything there was a vase of flowers on the dinning table a nice flat screen TV, the house looked like it had been quickly refurnished. Lauren lifted her head looking at DeLacy as she walked towards the dining room table hands in her pockets.

DeLacy sighed, "I apologize for him, he should hold more respect for others", warned DeLacy with her tone towards Anderson as she walked pulling out the chair.

""Who are you?", snapped Lauren seeing the gun attached to DeLacy's belt.

DeLacy turned, "I'm Jamie DeLacy", she replied tilting her head.

Lauren paused swallowing she glanced at the men and woman who were staring at her harshly. Especially Jackson, Anderson and Jane May. Was it worth telling her?

Lauren swallowed hard, "I know Ma'am but I think you have a right to know that I am Player number 10057 and-!",

Guns clicked raising and Anderson slammed Lauren against the wall covering her mouth to keep her from screaming knowing there were others around but DeLacy was the one yelling at that top of her lungs.

"ANDERSON!", she raged standing a bit too quickly stumbling but caught herself.

"Let the woman go!", she ordered.

"DeLacy I'm afraid I can't comply! She is a player in the Game and if she is a player then that is an intimate threat to you!", he snapped back.

DeLacy snapped her gun up, "DeLacy-",

She pulled the trigger the bullet whining past Anderson and Anderson moved his gun from Lauren's head upon instinct towards DeLacy.

"That was your warning Anderson, let the woman go or I swear I will shoot you", warned DeLacy.

"DeLacy do not argue with me! This situation is bad enough as it is!", yelled Anderson.

DeLacy clenched the gun. She didn't want to shoot Anderson. She didn't. But he was leaving her no choice at the moment. Her eyes hardened and Anderson saw her relax strangely. She was willing to do it. He clenched his teeth debating everyone else didn't really know what to do. Some guns were pointed at DeLacy others were pointed at him torn between what to do.

"Let the woman go Anderson, she had multitude of opportunities to kill me yet she's unarmed, now do as I say", ordered DeLacy again.

Anderson tightened his grip but he released stepping back dropping his gun.

"Arms up", he snapped and began to pat Lauren down checking for anything. Anderson pulled out a knife.

He held it up glaring at DeLacy, "Unarmed my ass", he hissed smacking it on the counter and stormed off slamming the door shut.

DeLacy tucked away her gun annoyed. She was tired and now she had a pissed off agent and an awkward silence in the room.

"What?", asked DeLacy to Louis who was staring.

"Nothing", replied Louis swallowing.

DeLacy motioned with her fingers for Lauren to come, "Come, sit down", said DeLacy to Lauren turning and going into the dinning room disappearing into the adjacent room.