Chapter Fourty Four

Andrew sat at a computer in the public library. He glanced over as there were two wives whispering about the bombing and trying to get updates.

"I hear there are at least twenty six deaths and there are still unidentified people. They still haven't caught the one who did this", said one.

"Could it happen again? It was so close to home", said the second.

Andrew clenched his jaw he had work to do. Andrew put on his glasses and then turned facing his computer opening the Google Chrome browser. The search engine popped up and Andrew typed in Jamie DeLacy. He hit the search button watching the arrow turn into a small loading sign. The screen changed bringing up the usual words and claims as to how fast Google found so many results. But Andrew was unite rested in that.

He scrolled down. Nothing really popped up other than teenagers and other random people who had no....

Andrew stopped his arrow cursor on a link reading the description and muttered it to himself, "DeLacy donates thirty thousand to charities.....former military member of the United States Army.... and pays for the full tuition of Brad Carlos---", Andrew went back to the former line, "Former military member of the United States Army...".

Andrew clicked on the link, former military member....meant possible knowledge of knowing how to make a bomb. Technically anyone could learn but that would raise some pretty dangerous warnings if one looked up something like that. Even making a payment for fertilizer was dangerous if enough was bought.

Andrew popped open the article from the New York Times. He scrolled down viewing the picture of a woman shaking hands with a single mother and her son. Andrew read the small lettering at the bottom quietly aloud.

"Jamie DeLacy on the left shakes hands with Jessie Carlos on her left after presenting the check".

He kept reading and scrolled down, "Jamie DeLacy is head of the Loyalty Cooperation which rehabilitates veterans who suffer from PTSD symptoms. She has rehabilitated over 8,000 veterans who return to society and rejoin their families. Yet also frequently donates portions of her wealth to charities such as Paws For Purple Hearts and many others, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah", muttered Andrew scrolling down even more.

This didn't seem like a typical bomber or terrorist. But Andrew had to check further into this anonymous tip. They had no other leads and though his partners were interrogating other victims in hospitals. Everything at the station was complete chaos. With those people there Andrew could get nothing done. This was his only lead.

He scrolled all the way down. "Biography of Jamie DeLacy", he mumbled clicking on it.

The webpage changed to Wikipedia. 'Real reliable', thought Andrew rolling he is eyes. He couldn't base evidence off of Wikipedia. It wouldn't do...but he supposed it would have to do in order to figure out more about this Jamie DeLacy.

Andrew read, "Born on August 13th, 1988 in Louisville, Kentucky. Father was Warren DeLacy, mother was Gwen DeLacy. Is a highly decorated retired officer of the United States Military who served for five years after graduating from West Point University. Had a very privileged childhood. Attended private school till high school graduation in the top 25. Blah, blah, blah, blah....owns an island in Greece, blah...blah...blah... Mother passed away from a heart failure in 1998. Warren DeLacy was mysteriously murdered in 2004. The murderer was never discovered and the case still remains unsolved to this day. Jamie DeLacy currently resides in Round Rock, Colorado unmarried as head of Loyalty-",

He felt a tap on his shoulder. Andrew turned around to see Julia. She leaned over the desk dropping an evidence bag and a filing paper form of identification. It was the form of a DNA test result. Andrew looked at her with raised eyebrows realizing this was the sample that she had collected from the pillar.

"How did you?", he asked.

Julia smiled, "Lets just say....I forgot it from my car", she said.

Andrew chuckled and then looked at the paper flipping the packet to the second page. "Jamie DeLacy", he whispered.

"Jamie who?", asked Julia.

"Jamie DeLacy....that's who the anonymous tip was about.....that's who I'm looking for. But....why would she be...here in Europe?", asked Andrew. "Why was she at the location of the bombing? There wasn't anything going on there, no special event, no important matter", said Andrew recalling the previous article.

Julia pointed towards a sentence, "Richest woman in the world.....multi-billionaire", replied Jamie reading it aloud. Julia patted Andrew's back, "It was a well known luxurious hotel, besides she's a multi-billionaire, she can go anywhere wherever and whenever she wants. Regardless though if she was there for vacation I already checked the hospitals and they didn't have anyone there as Jamie DeLacy... which makes her now-"

"A primary suspect", said Andrew quietly turning around.