Chapter Fourty One

Andrew walked into the police station ready to start his work. Apparently Julia said she had gotten the DNA sample into the lab. Andrew had retrieved the camera video recordings but hadn't had a chance to view them yet.

As he entered the attendant at the front desk gave him the usual wave and smile and said, "Good morning Detective Ameen.

"Good morning Lucy", he replied raising his coffee cup to her. He couldn't exactly wave. His other hand was carrying files. Photos from the bombing that had occurred two days ago now. He had a leather computer bag thumbing against his leg as he walked towards his personal desk.

But Andrew saw that all the officers were standing outside the room with crossed arms and muttering. Andrew frowned. He saw Julia and was utterly confused. Several officers took glances at him and they were all grim.

"What's going on?", asked Andrew concerned.

Julia looked at Andrew her fingers on her lips. She was tempted to bite her newly done manicure off from nervousness as she stared through the glass window passed a very large man in a suit who stood stock still. There were many others standing around the room. Andrew saw men and women in suits strictly dressed forcing their way through files and computers. Andrew saw his desk being inspected and the man wore latex gloves as he went through them. He tilted his head eyes narrowing.

The man took the file and placed it in a metal box just dropping it in their without a care. He went to the next opening Andrew's drawer and pulled out the next stack. The next round. The man opened it and narrowed his eyes as he read. He raised his other hand flicking his two forefingers. Another came to his side and they began to discuss.

Andrew's blood boiled and he stepped to the door but Julia snagged his arm, "Andrew don't! The chief said to stay out!", she hissed. Julia wasn't one to back down from an order.

"Who are they?! They are going through my evidence and work! I'm entitled to it!", he snapped back angrily.

"I don't know who they are but if you go--", Andrew tore out of her grasp and stormed in.

Julia went after him, "Andrew!", she yelled.

Andrew ignored her. The two gentlemen at Andrew's desk raised their heads. A large man was about to spring and tackle Andrew but the older man raised his hand warning him to stop. It was M-I6. But Andrew didn't know that.

"What the hell are you doing?! That's my work!", snapped Andrew.

MI-6 chuckled, "I'm afraid that's classified", he replied.

"For what reason?", asked Andrew.

"My work requires it. If you wish speak to my superiors about it", replied M-I6 flicking his hand for the agent to continue his work.

"Who would they be?", asked Andrew.

"The Prime Minister and the members of his cabinet", replied M-I6 with seriousness.

Andrew was about to snap when his chief yelled, "Detective Ameen! My office now!", that meant he was pissed off.

"You too Detective Flourez!", snapped the chief pointing at Julia. Julia swallowed heading towards the office. Andrew stood stock still. He glared at M-I6 who smiled. Andrew huffed frustrated and walked off when an agent snatched the files in his hand and pulls off his bag somehow in an aggressive manner. She walked over to the second and handed the items to him.

"Hey! What is---!", "DETECTIVE AMEEN!", bellowed the chief. Andrew glared but he complied storming into the chief's office slamming the door shut and began to yell.

"Chief what the heck is going on?! Who are these people?! What are they doing?! I want answers as to why the desk of my co workers and mine are being searched!", yelled Andrew.

"Pipe down!", snapped the chief.

Andrew did realizing his mistake, but he was entitled to it. The chief sighed leaning against his desk and sat down in his chair.

"I know your frustrated. Both of you. But there isn't anything I can do. They were ordered by Parliament to conduct this search. They are gathering information. That gentlemen there, Andrew, that man you rudely spoke to is head of international British Security. His goal is the same as ours. To find the bastard who did this. I don't like how he's doing this either. But we aren't the only precinct who is being hoarded. Even other agencies are being searched through. You'll get the information back, their agency needs to make copies",  said the chief.

"Why didn't they just ask?!", asked Andrew.

"Because you would have been picking and choosing what to send them rather than everything. They can't take the that risk. Besides....", the chief glanced over outside.

"They've got more man power than any station around here", finished the chief.

"But they're taking DNA samples and evidence too!", snapped Julia.

"They will take what they want! You think I like this?! Hell! I objected but I can't say no to a direct order from the prime minister! You will both have to deal with it! I can't do anything about this because of this piece of paper!", yelled the chief slamming down a declaration. He was furious about this too. Yet he couldn't do anything but watch.

"I'm sorry....its out of my hands", said the chief disappointed. He looked at Andrew and Julia. He glared at them both, "This conversation is over, and if either of you pursue these people I swear you will be removed from this case and I don't care if you object am I understood? You've already screwed relations up Andrew, don't push me!", warned the chief.

Andrew glared and clenched his hands. He hadn't much of a choice, "Yes sir", he muttered and stormed out.