Chapter Ten

Jackson walked towards the room as Anderson exited. The blinds were still closed and Anderson walked off down the hall to make his phone call.

Jackson stared at the rest of them.

"You better go in there", said Lawrence tilting his head towards the door.

Jackson turned looking at the window blinds. He swallowed and Lawrence motioned again for him to go in, "There's no telling if she'll fall back asleep", warned Lawrence.

Jackson nodded he'd rather not hear about the possibility. He put his hand on the door handle and went inside closing it behind him. Jackson thought that everyone was going in one at a time but they all knew that Jackson deserved the privacy. Even Jane May had accepted it.

Jackson turned to see DeLacy looking at him. There was a bit of silence between them. Jackson stared at her. Tears brimmed his eyes and he wiped them away.

"Damnit.....he was right", muttered DeLacy under her breath. The gentlemen had been worried. Especially this one.

"You haven't changed", said DeLacy.

Jackson was tongue tied and he spoke quietly, "Neither have you", said Jackson.

DeLacy scoffed, "I find that hard to believe. I feel entirely drained, pumped with medication, sick, exhausted, I need to shave, get a hair cut, and get out of bed", she said.

"It's better if you stayed in bed", said Jackson managing a small smile. She had a bit of humor still. But he didn't like to see her sunken eyes and pale skin. She looked like she had been in a fight.

"What happened?", asked Jackson.

"I had a disagreement with Anderson as usual, nothing new", she replied.

"You still don't want us here", said Jackson.

"That will not change, you know my.......", DeLacy coughed twice closing her eyes. Jackson waited thinking she wasn't going to open them but she did.

"......you know my point of view on this topic", she replied.

Jackson nodded, "Yeah, I do", he replied.

"I should have just bloody sent you all back! What an idiot I am for having gone along with this!", muttered DeLacy looking away.

Jackson sat down next to the bed side folding his hands together looking down. DeLacy saw his gun. She didn't say anything though. "Don't give me that apologetic crap", she said annoyed.

"I know you shot three of the eight people Jackson and I know you are going after the one who put me in a coma", said DeLacy.

"Your telling me what to do?", asked Jackson.

"You let Anderson and M-I6 tell you what to do", said DeLacy.

"That's not true", said Jackson. DeLacy let him speak, "I did what I was told to do because I thought it was the right thing to do.....it may not have been right but at the time it seemed like the only option......", said Jackson.

"You had another option you just didn't take it", said DeLacy.

Jackson raised his head, "That's because we didn't want to", said Jackson.

Jackson ran his fingers through his hair standing and began to pace. "I....I....I've been waiting four months. Four months for you to wake up....", Jackson's voice was rising in pitch getting louder and louder.

"Four months! Four months!", he said holding up four fingers. Four months! I had to watch you be...be like that because you decided to go off and do your own thing without asking anyone else! You shot a tranquilizer at me! Then you called me saying some sort of goodbye! What the hell is wrong with you?!", yelled Jackson.

DeLacy stared at Jackson with raised eyebrows at his accusation.

"You go off and give yourself away without even thinking as to what we would think!", snapped Jackson.

DeLacy didn't want to raise her voice. She was to out of it. She spoke moderately rubbing her eyes trying to get them to focus a bit more. It was still difficult to see everything. Let alone think straight.

"I don't entirely recall what I did, but I did what I did.....whatever the bloody hell it was.....I'm afraid I can't argue with you. I don't have the strength to yell at a second person-",

"I apologize", said Jackson.

"What?", asked DeLacy.

"I'm sorry....I should have...-",

DeLacy began to cough vigorously not getting air. Jackson stared as she coughed vomiting. Alarms from the machines blared and there was an intensity in the sounds coming from the monitors.  Jackson burst open the door.

"Lawrence!", he yelled.

Lawrence shot up into the room. Lawrence pressed a button calling for aid as he saw DeLacy was puking all over the bed sheets.

"What's going on?!", yelled Jackson.

He wanted an explanation. Nurses rushed in getting IV's ready. DeLacy was vomiting water and clear liquid was spilling all over coming from her mouth without halt.  The Nurses and Lawrence pushed the bed out of the room hurriedly towards the direction of the emergency room.

Louis stopped Jackson holding him back along with Rollins after loosing him in his grip once to keep him from following. They had to wait.