Chapter 11: My Eulogy

Start from the beginning

I stayed on the floor for a couple of minutes. I reached the corner of her desk, pulling myself up. Once I stood on my own, I tried to walk but when my muscles contradicted, agonizing pain followed. I squealed at the pain, throwing myself over to the window. I bite down on my lips, trying not to scream. My legs were completely sore. Arlene pointed her finger out of the blanket "The bathrooms down the hall to your left, the last door." I quietly grab my bag and shakily walk out. I close the door behind me, and walk along the hall, to the bathroom.

I quietly open the door and enter. I drop my bags onto the floor and sit on the toilet. I rub over my calves', thighs and feet. I then change into my clothes, and pull my hair into a messy bun. Once I walk over to the sink and mirror, I saw my horrible face, weak and pale. I pinch my cheeks for some color and rinse my mouth. I turn on my phone and see its 6:27am. I think why I had an alarm this early, but I couldn't concentrate over the pain so I returned back to Arlene's room, where she had changed.

I quietly said "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." She smiled "no, today I had made plans to meet some friends. I was going to offer to drop you off your house since it's snowing outside anyways." I smiled in agreement. We headed down the stairs, slow and painful movement. The entire house was silent.

We drove away, heading to my house. Before we reached the steps to the house, Arlene asked "hey, so are we still on for today's study session." I smile towards her "Yeah, were still on but at what time are you coming over?" Arlene stationed the car in front of the stairs, saying "Um, around 1 to about 1:30." I smiled "okay, thanks and bye." I got off and headed up the stairs. I heard Louis car drive off and entered the house.

I drop the bag on the couch, pull off my jacket and stroll to the kitchen. Father was drinking from his mug, looking at his laptop. I entered saying "Hey dad." He looks up from his gaze, smiles "Good morning. Long night?" I smiled and sit across from him. I rest my chin on my hands and look at his paper work all over the table. He takes a sip of his coffee, before saying "You missed the phone call." I was suddenly caught off guard, remembering why I had set the alarm that early. I sit up quickly "are they calling again?"

Dad sighed "I don't know, she said she'll try though." I cover my face and stay in that position for quite some time that I almost fell asleep but my dad slammed his mug on the table and proclaimed "I should leave, I have a presentation today." I uncover my face, wipe the hair away from my eyes, saying "You already have a presentation?" he smiled "Yeah, it isn't so bad." I smiled "Sorry I wasn't here when you got home, I wanted to see how your first day at the office was like." He sighed "its fine." While gathering his belongings and stuffing them into his brief case.

He rushed over to me, giving me a sloppy kiss on my forehead and paraded off to work. I sat there, just looking at the bananas over at the counter. I sighed real loud and decided to take a shower. Climbing my stairs was hell; every muscle that contracted killed me slowly. Once I reached my room, I slammed onto my bed and closed my eyes for a while. I kept replaying my memories from yesterday, I reached over my bed grabbing a pillow, smash my face into it and scream.

I walk over to my bathroom and hop in the shower. I let the hot water run through my body, relaxing me then decided to shower once the water turns warm. Once I was clean, I head down stairs, hating the notion to even consider walking down the stairs. I lie on the couch and turn on the T.V. and settle on watching The Pride and Prejudice. I would usually watch shows, but considering that it's early in the morning, it was the only good thing on.

About half way through the movie I heard the phone ring from the kitchen. I pause the movie and run to the phone. I quickly slam onto the counter, reach for the phone and answer "Hello?" the line was quite for about three seconds when I hear my mother asking "Emma?"