Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pieces Of Honesty

The sun glittered in the sky far above us, the grass beneath our bodies cool and soft.  Warmth spread its soft rays through my muscles, Ace pressed gently against my side, his hand resting gently on my own. Our feet would bump together occasionally, playing some kind of unspoken game.

It would have been the perfect moment if I didn’t have one million thoughts speeding through my mind.

Can’t you just relax for one fucking minute?

Apparently not.

I wanted time to freeze, I wanted to never move forward from this moment. It was as if everything had just ended; time, fear, life, love... and it was just us. Children screamed and yelled playfully in the distance, dogs barked and the faint smell of coffee tinged the air. It all seemed so far away- in an alternate place. There was nobody around us, only the grass, the trees, and the cool air. We were drowning in an ocean of peace.

“Ace,” I whispered, turning my head to look at him. He rolled his head in my direction, a smile tugging at his lips when his green gaze met mine.

“Yeah?”

“I just wanted to say…” I hesitated, not entirely sure what I was trying to say, “I don’t really know. I guess… Thanks.”

He frowned, slightly taken aback at my random outburst. The sunlight caught on his face highlighting his features and I had to swallow and force myself to breathe properly. Ugh… not again.

“What?” He laughed, sliding his body closer to mine and slightly leaning over me.

“I don’t even know.”

“You’re an idiot,” he grinned mischievously, tracing my lips with his fingers.

“And you’re insatiable. Get off me,” I laughed, playfully shoving his hand away.

 “No,” he smirked.

“Yes,” I retorted, jerking my head away when he reached out with his hand again. Accel’s eyes glinted at the challenge, a sex filled smile carving onto his face.

“Can I kiss you then if I can’t touch you?”

“NO!” I said shocked but also trying not to laugh. “God you never stop!”

Exactly.

“Yeah… and?” He leaned closer, pecking me on the nose. I jerked my head back into the grass, scrunching up my face. I went to scratch it but he caught my hands, swinging his body over mine and straddling me. That was NOT fair.

“Come on!” I whined, a laugh escaping when he placed kisses on each of my cheeks. My hair fell into my eyes and I shook my head to try and shake it out, eventually forced to try and blow it off my face. Accel just looked smug.

“Are you happy sitting on my lap?” I asked sarcastically, trying to be menacing. Right… because that plan was bound to work out. Not. Wait… what did I just ask? Ace shifted around slightly, pretending to think about the answer.

“I’d be happier between your legs than on them.”

“OH MY GOD!” I shouted, blushing furiously at his comment, “Don’t make me sound like a slut or anything!”

The raven haired boy’s eyes lit with laughter, the musical sound filling the air as he watched me try to hide my face. He bent over, pressing his lips to my neck. “You’re not a slut Andrew. There’s a difference between being a slut and being mine.”

I swallowed heavily.

“Accel. We are not having sex in a park. Or kissing. Or anything sexually related,” I said sternly. If only I could cross my arms right now… hmm… just glare… glare… keep glaring… glare harder…