Chapter Twenty-Six: The Best Part Of Waking Up

Pain jolted me from sleep so abruptly my heart was still pounding five minutes afterwards. Glancing at the side of the bed which was now above my head, I tried to ignore the soreness reverberating through every muscle. Every part of me hurt, even parts that I had no idea could hurt. 

Falling out of the bed? What a great way to start the morning.

Groaning, I raised my head in an attempt to stretch my stiff neck muscles. What happened anyway? Going to raise my arm, I clenched my teeth and bit back a yell of agony. Pure, white hot pain shot across my chest and down my right arm. Resting for a moment, it finally passed, leaving me breathless and feeling all the more stupid. You forgot you had a sore arm? No wait, I’ll rephrase that… you forgot someone SHOT you in the chest? Well done genius… showing great promise there.

Shut up.

With a loud grunt and a lot of ungraceful heaving I finally managed to pull myself on to the bed with my one good arm. That is a lot further from the ground than I remember. Grumpily, I rolled onto my back, staring upwards at a darkened ceiling. To be honest, the only way I could tell it was the morning was the sunlight that cracked underneath the blackout curtains on the wall opposite me.  The tiny sliver of light barely travelled three inches into the room before it faded completely into shadows. Actually, it was kind of annoying now that it had caught my attention. Glaring at it, I rested back into the tossed sheets trying to ignore the throbbing ache that rested deep in my body.

Why is your body so sore? More importantly… why is your ASS throbbing! What, did you fall over and break your tailbone or something? That’s happened to someone before… apparently it really hurts.

But it doesn’t hurt like that… it hurts when I move… like inside.

Inside.

Something moved beside me.

OH DEAR FUCKING LORD. THAT’S AN ARM.

Attached to a body.

A naked body.

Wait… Why are you naked? Why are you NAKED?!!

WHY AM I NAKED?!

WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES?!

OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!

Breathing hysterically, I practically threw myself out of the bed, ignoring the pain stabbing at me from every angle.

“WHAT THE FUCK!” I yelled, clutching at my head with my left hand and frantically scrubbing at my face. The person in the bed rolled over at the loud noise, grunting in disagreement.

“Why are you yelling?” slurred a sleepy and naked Ace from the tossed sheets. “It’s too fucking early.”

“Where the fuck are my clothes?! Why am I nak- why are YOU naked?!” I shouted, pointing accusingly at him with the only arm that seemed to work and didn’t feel like one thousand knives were stabbing into it.

Naked … bed… tossed sheets…the throbbing in… Searching the room, my eyes landed on Accel’s phone and I quickly scooped it up, my hand trembling in confusion and I gasped at my reflection in the screen.

My HAIR!

OH Go- I HAVE SEX HAIR!

“Oh my GOD. Did we have SEX?” I whispered in horror, numbly feeling the phone fall from my fingers and hit the carpeted floor. “No way… No WAY, that’s crazy, that’s insane! That is way too fucked to have happened! Oh my God I’m going crazy… Oh God… Ohgodohgodohgod…”