Chapter Twenty-One: Once Upon A Fateful Day

Darkness only lasted for a few seconds. Even though when I opened my eyes it still lingered there, the only light cast from a crack beneath the metal door behind me. The light was fuzzy, noises blurring together, creating a weird buzzing noise in my ears topped by a constant high pitched ringing noise. The haze lifted suddenly, causing my head to spin further but focusing the blackness around me.  

“… understand me?”

A voice… the mumbling was voices. With a snap my eyes flew open, me bolting into a sitting position. Almost instantly I fell over again from overwhelming dizziness, not helped by an invisible hand that slammed into my shoulder blade that shoved me back down.

“Where do you think you’re going faggot?”

“Ah,” I grunted as I hit the hard cement. Sickness clawed at my stomach, deep, wrenching fear yanking at my pounding heart. Sweat lined my brow, my breath rattling noisily as I listened to faint footsteps around me. Blackness still swarmed in front of me, only increasing the pressure of terror pressing at my skull.

How many people… one? One person… I can hear one person… How do you know, there could be like six of them in the room!

 “Wh- what do you want?” I stuttered uneasily, my hands trembling against the cold floor as I drew backwards to what felt like a wall. I searched the darkness frantically, trying to find a sign of my tormentor in the swallowing black. There was nothing there… only the faintest chuckle that seemed a thousand times louder in the silence.

What was that!

My head flew in that direction, my fingers quickly flying to the nape of my neck as a sharp pain ripped through my skull.

“Ow!” I muttered, still listening for movement, paranoia tickling the corners of my mind. My fingers came away wet and I shuddered at my stomach wrenched at the thought of blood.

I jumped hard, slamming myself back into the wall as something brushed through my fringe like a breeze. “Wh-who’s there!” I squeaked pathetically.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” a silky voice whispered right in my ear, hot breath breezing over my hair. The feeling was repulsive and I flew upright, only to be shoved brutally back down again, caught by invisible arms before I hit the floor. The relief was less than momentary as the same arms that caught me withdrew, letting me fall the remaining inches. My head cracked onto the pavement, hard, and a cry of pain ripped from my chest as light headedness washed over me.

What the hell!

Crashing sounded from the door, the sound of swearing and loud voices coming through.

“Andrew! AJ! Open the door!” Accel’s voice drifted through the metal, muffled, but the anger was obvious. “Open the fucking door! ANDREW!”

A sob caught in my throat at his words. I wanted to open it… I wanted so badly to let him in, but I couldn’t do it. Opening my mouth to call out to him, to at least let him know that I was okay, I cried out as a hand flew out of nowhere and punched me across the face.

“Sorry!” the voice mockingly called, “Andrew’s busy right now.”

Furious crashes and louder protests followed the person’s words.

Gasping at the pain I clutched at my face, stunned by the sudden impact.

“What do you want?” I whimpered through the burn. Another laugh followed my request.

“You really think I’m going to tell you?” it replied. “Of all people…”

What does this guy want… what does he WANT? Is it me? Or is it something else? What did I do?