Chapter Thirty-Two: Can You Find Me

“I can’t believe you did that, way to go Hayley!” Jess playfully punches me on the arm. “You’re officially part of the bad-ass club!”

          “The bitch got what she deserved,” I say under my breath. There were a thousand different emotions whizzing through my brain right now. I had just totally humiliated Mandy and Cameron-where was he?

          I politely ask the driver, Jacque, to turn on the radio. He tuned through the stations that were just complete static until he found a pop station.

          “Wait! Can you go back a station?” I say. Call me crazy, but I’m pretty sure I heard a clip of Mayday Parade.

          He pushes the button to go back, and sure enough ‘Jamie All Over’ is playing. He turns up the volume and Jess and I start dancing in our seats. We were having so much fun, it took me a moment to realize what was going on. It took me back to the conversation I’d had with Cameron back in his car when we first met. We had been talking about music and I’d asked him why they didn’t play this kind of music on the radio. Wait a second…

          When the song ends, a guy’s voice comes on. “Hey, what you just heard was Mayday Parade’s very first single, Jamie All Over.”

          Jess is trying to tell me something, but I motion for her to be quiet.

          She obeys and the guy continues, “This next song I’m going to play is a bit slower. It’s really special for me actually, it’s about a girl I was falling in love with and then everything fell apart. I wish I could have her back, but anyway, this is called ‘Into Your Arms’ and I’d like to dedicate it to her.”

          The piano intro starts playing within a matter of seconds.

          My jaw is about to hit the floor, I’m shell-shocked.

          “That was Cameron?” Jess realizes.

          “Yes. That’s him and that’s our song. I can’t believe it,” I say, a little too softly.

          “Wow. Oh that’s so sweet!!!!” Jess starts shaking me. “Well, where is he? You have to go find him now! Run back into his arms, Hayley!”

          “I know,” just thinking about him makes me smile. I miss him-more than anything. His touch, his taste, his smell, I wanted him more than anything.

          “Jacque, what radio station is this?” I ask suddenly.

          “98.1, Miss Hayley,” he answers right away.

          “Do you know where the radio stations are around here?” I inquire.

          “I believe so.”

          “Do you think you could take us there? It’s kind of an emergency.”

          “Certainly.”

          “Thank you so much!” I exclaim.

          Jess looks back at me. “I was right all along about you two,” she crosses her arms over her chest.

          I can’t help but laugh. “Yes, you were.”

          After about five minutes, we’re in front of the radio station building and Jacque drops us off in the parking lot.