Chapter 40

*3 months later*
"Freya! Freya where are you?" I call to Freya as I walk around upstairs.

"I'm in here Penelope!" Freya says back to me. I walk into the study where she is at her desk.

"Hey doll face, what are you doing?" I ask her curiously as I set my hands on my big stomach. I'm 32 weeks pregnant now, I don't have many more weeks to go, but my belly turned from a cute bump, to a huge hump.

"Writing to Rebekah, we have not heard from her since Hope's first birthday... I was just hoping that she'd write me back.." Freya says as she takes leans back in her seat. I sit down on one of the chairs and look at her. "What do you have planned for the day?" Freya asks curiously.

"Hope and I are going to take a trip down to Marcel's gym at the old church, and then Klaus wants me to come look at something he has planned, so that's all for today, but tomorrow, Elijah and I are going out during the full moon with Hope to see Hayley and Jackson.." I explain to her as I fluff my curls. Freya looks at me intrigued.

"You seem to be the only thing that is keeping this whole entire family from falling apart.." She says looking at me. I raise an eyebrow at her curiously. "I mean, the only reason Elijah has been civil towards Klaus is because of you, I mean he still has not forgiven Klaus for what he did to you and Gia, and you know that Klaus will not apologize. Then there's your best friend Marcel, who is at odds with Klaus after everything that Klaus did to him and his vampires. It's all hectic, but all of them suck it up for you." Freya continues as she just keeps looking at me.

"I don't want it to be that way though! I just want the family back to the way it used to be, when Klaus and Marcel were buddies and Elijah and Klaus would die for each other. I want that back, and I can see that it's really getting to Klaus basically having no one. He's been spending more time with Cami, and he has been painting a lot, but I don't know how to help him... I'm not sure how to make him happy again.." I breathe out as I run my hand over my belly.

"I believe that he is happy with you, he just isn't happy with himself..." Freya says to me. I let out a deep breath and think about how Klaus has been acting lately... I just want him to be happy, and he doesn't seem like he's happy lately. I hear Hope's crying coming from her nursery.

"Looks like Hope is waking up from her nap. I'll talk to you later." I say to Freya as I walk over and hug her.

"Talk to you later." Freya says as we release from the hug. I walk down the hallway and see Hope in her crib standing up, bouncing impatiently waiting for me while she whines.

"Mama's here!" I say to her as I take her out of her crib, she smiles at me happily.

"Ma-Ma" she says as she looks at me.

"That's good Hope!" I say as I kiss her forehead. "Come on, you and mama are going to take a little ride baby girl." I say as I carry her out of her nursery and down the stairs. We walk out to my car and I strap her into her car seat. I then get into the driver's seat and we drive down to St. Anne's church. When we get there, I get out of the car and get Hope's stroller out of the trunk. I then get Hope out of her car seat and strap her into her stroller. I walk Hope and I into the church and there is the huge fighting cage and Marcel is fighting someone in there. Probably one of his vampire wanna be's. I see Elijah who looks like he just got out of the ring himself. "Would you look at that, Elijah Mikaelson in gym clothes?" I say to him teasingly, catching his attention.

"Penelope, Hope, I didn't know you'd be stopping by today." Elijah says coming towards us.

"I come over at this time of day everyday, isn't that right Marcel?" I shout to Marcel.