Chapter 50

Klaus's P.O.V.
I wake up in my bed dazed. I open my weary eyes, expecting to see my beautiful Penelope laying beside me, but to my surprise she is gone. Darkness still covers the night sky and I can tell something is wrong. I sit up, and when I sit down I hear something fall from Penelope's pillow onto my hand. I look and see an envelope sitting on my hand. I pick it up in my hands and examine it.

'Niklaus' the envelope reads in Penelope's hand writing. I quickly open in and pull out a written note in Penelope's hand writing.

'Dear Klaus,
I'm not really sure what I can fit on this piece of paper, but I'm going to try and get my one million words into one thought. I always thought that if I had left you, it would've been over something huge and you would've seen me walk away from you. But this circumstance is completely different.

I write this letter with sorrow in my heart. I thought that we had escaped Aurora's nasty grasp, but she has made it perfectly clear that if she doesn't get what she wants... She's going to hurt our children. She gave me a choice, either to leave you and our daughters behind... Or stay, and have one of our children pay the price. I have told you before that I will not have our daughters suffer any kind of wrath... Especially wrath that I have brought upon them.

Klaus, if anything happened to either one of them, I would never forgive myself... Which is why I'm writing this letter. I don't want to say it's a goodbye... But I'm not really sure what else to call it. Klaus, you are my happiness, and leaving like this is something I never wanted to do, but to me, there was no choice. If it were up to me, we'd be laying in bed, our chests pressed against each other's and our arms snaked around each other's bodies, and our lips never taking a break from kissing each other's bodies... But sadly, this isn't my choice anymore.

I just wanted to say that even though you have caused me so much grief, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I love you more than the air I breathe. Please, just let me go and I will find my way back to you... Just please, forget me while I am in exile... That's what I want... I love you Niklaus... Hold onto that..

-Penelope'

When I read the letters sprawled across the page I feel every single emotion I have rise to the surface. But as per usual rage takes over. I let out a scream.

"NOOOO!" I yell at the top of my lungs as I rip apart the note into tiny pieces. I throw a small table in my room against the wall, causing it to shatter. As I begin breaking every object in my room memories begin to flash through my head.

-

'Just tell me you choose your family so I can leave, and you won't ever have to see me again' I remembered yelling at her angrily.

'I can't!' She said to me as she began to sob harder.

'Why not?' I screamed at her angrily, my temper running high that evening.

'Because I'm in love you... Klaus'

-

These memories torture me as I break everything in my path. I scream sorrowfully as I continue breaking everything.

"NIKLAUS!" I hear a voice yell. I turn and see Elijah and Cami in my doorway. Elijah holding a crying Hope and Cami holding a crying Faith. I look at them through my tear clouded eyes. "What is the meaning of this?" Elijah asks me as he looks at everything broken and shattered.

"Penelope! Penelope left!" I yell at him as my mind swims with sorrow.

"What do you mean she left?" Elijah asks me as he enters my room, Cami following behind him.