Chapter 67

*Hi, this will be a filler chapter, and I am just letting you guys know that it will not correlate with TVD story line at the moment. Just letting you guys know so you aren't confused. I love you guys and enjoy! Xo.*
Caroline's P.O.V.
Bonnie, Alaric, Enzo, Damon, Stefan, the twins and myself all stand in the woods behind the Salvatore boarding house, dressed in black, looking at a large picture of Penelope as a few bouquets of flowers surround it. All of us just stand around the picture of Penelope, staring at it. It's a picture of her right after she won Miss. Mystic Falls, and she just seems so happy.

"I can't believe she's gone." Bonnie finally mutters out. I know that Enzo and of course the twins didn't know here, but having more people here just makes her seem more loved, considering neither Elena or Jeremy are here.

"The moment she got with Klaus was the moment she was gone." Damon says obviously pained as he looks at the picture.

"Damon that's really not appropriate right now." Alaric corrects him, seeing how upset I am getting by Damon's comment. I was in no way a fan of Klaus, by any means, but that was her husband and the father of her children, and she did love him.

"What do you want me to say, Ric?" Damon snaps at him angrily.

"How about you just keep your mouth shut?!" Alaric asks as he gives Damon an almost challenging stance.

"Enough! Can you two just show a little respect? Penelope wouldn't have wanted this.." I say finally stepping in. Damon and Ric just look at each other but then step back, disarming their puffed out chests. "Now, I want everyone to go around and say something nice about her... Then we can all disband and go back to our lives." I demand, not wanting to look at the picture any longer because it only brings me pain.

I step forward and look at the picture as tears form in my eyes and my lip quivers. "P, she was like the big sister that I never had. Everyone knew her as the 'perfect' Gilbert, because she just exuded beauty and kindness, and light. She saw the good in everyone she met, which explains her choice in husbands." I chuckle fondly as I hold my hands together. "But, she loved her husband, and she loved her daughters... And I will carry her with me for the rest of my life. I'm going to miss you P." I say as I talk to her picture while I cry.

I take a step back and Ric takes a step forward. "I met Penelope a few years ago, and when I met her, I immediately just liked her. She was so easy to get along with and just a great person to have a good time with. She was a great mom, a great wife, a great sister, a great friend, just an overall great person, and I will never forget her. Rest in peace Big P." Ric says as he steps away and holds back his tears.

Bonnie then steps forward, wiping away her tears. "P was a really amazing individual. She always tried to do the right thing to help the people she loved. She made mistakes along the way but she still remained so strong through everything, and I have such a deep admiration for someone like her, I will miss her eternally. I'll miss you, Nel." Bonnie says as she steps back, trying to hold back her sobs.

Enzo then steps forward and looks at the picture of Penelope. "Well, I have never met this Penelope Gilbert, but I have heard tremendous things about her, and by the looks of it she seemed like a very beautiful girl. I wish I could have known her. But I just hope she has found peace in the after life..." Enzo says as he steps back, bowing his head in respect.

Stefan steps forward, a visibly upset look on his face. "Penelope was honestly such an amazing girl. She definitely was one of a kind. She had an overwhelming amount of compassion in her heart, and she touched so many people with that compassion. I mean, she turned a monster into something completely different with that compassion. She has two incredibly beautiful little girls that she loved with all of her heart, and she deserved to be here a lot longer. I hope that you find peace, Mama P." Stefan says as a tear escapes his eye and he quickly wipes it away as he steps back.