Chapter 42

"Hey! It is not a Jazz fest down there! Some of us have toddlers who are trying to sleep! Do not make me come down there!" I yell at the jazz players in the street from Hope's balcony that's off her nursery. Hope's screaming is in my one ear and the music is in the other. The jazz band looks up at me but then waits until I go back inside to continue playing. I slam the doors angrily causing Hope to scream louder.

"Did I catch you at a bad time?" Hayley asks as she walks into the nursery. I take a deep breath and push the escaped curls from my bun.

"No... It's just Hope was taking a nap and then those damn jazz players woke her up!" I say as I pick Hope up out of her crib.

"You are just feeling a little overwhelmed." Hayley says as she comes over, stroking Hope's head trying to soothe her.

"Overwhelmed is an understatement! Klaus and I are aggravated at each other, Hope is being completely stubborn when it comes to her nap and everything is getting on my nerves! It's like everything in my body is on overdrive. I want to scream and cry, and I want to punch something. I'm sweating and I feel like I weigh 1,000 pounds. Also I'm starving and I just want to go outside and like bite someone!" I say as I set Hope down. But the moment I set her down she holds onto my leg and looks up at me sobbing.

"Maybe you need to go out and get some fresh air." Hayley says as she picks up Hope and puts her on her hip.

"Hayley I just... I don't know. Hope is getting more and more demanding everyday, she's not sleeping like she used to, she's getting up earlier. Plus Klaus is dealing with this dumb prophecy thing about his sire line and I don't have much help with her... I just can't even imagine having Hope and a newborn in the house... I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with myself..." I say as Hayley gets Hope to settle down her crying.

"P, I know you can do it. Besides, if you need help Jack and I are always available. As long as that bastard Klaus isn't around, and if Davina doesn't blow out that damn candle." Hayley says rolling her eyes and bouncing Hope. I take a deep breath and look at her.

"You're right Hay... I'm just feeling a little over stimulated, that's all." I say as I rub my big round stomach. Suddenly I feel the baby kick and I hunch over in discomfort.

"Are you okay?" Hayley asks as she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah... This baby is just a lot stronger than Hope was..." I say catching my breath. Hayley rubs my back gently as I take deep breaths. I'm just glad that Hayley is here to talk to me, because right now, I can't even think.

--------------------------

"Alright baby girl, so me and you are going to go shop for you and your baby sister." I say to Hope as I open up the fridge. When I open it I see a water bottle full of blood sitting on the shelf with a note in front of it.

'Sorry for our quarrel earlier, take this as a peace offering.
-Klaus' Klaus's note reads. A small creeps along my face as I take out the bottle of blood.

"Hope, your daddy may be a jerk, but he's my favorite." I say with a little laugh and Hope giggles with me. I put Hope in her stroller and strap her in. I walk behind the stroller, taking a sip of the blood. When the blood goes down my throat it warms my whole entire body. I put the blood into Hope's diaper bag and then wrap my hands around the stroller handle, and push it out of the kitchen. We walk outside of the compound and begin walking down the streets of New Orleans. "You really should be napping right now, but a fun day with Mama is the same thing, right?" I ask Hope as I lean over the stroller to see her smiling up at me.

I continue walking down the street and see an extremely rich looking man walking towards us. He is extremely handsome and wearing expensive clothes. I give him a little smile as we pass each other on the street. He smirks back at me. If I wasn't pregnant... and married, I would be getting my flirt on. I keep walking down the street, pushing Hope's stroller in front of me. Suddenly my phone starts ringing and I pull it out Hope's diaper bag. I look at the caller ID and see that it is Marcel.