Chapter 16

*Hi, so this chapter is straying away from the story line bit, just so you aren't confused. Enjoy!*

"Did I tell you that this New Years Eve party was like the best idea in the history of ideas right?" I ask Klaus curiously as I fix my curls in the mirror.

"I suppose, I mean it will be a good one last hoorah before we have to go through all of those devotion rituals and commitment stuff" Klaus says from his bedroom as I get ready in his bathroom.

"Can you come zip me up?" I ask him curiously from inside the bathroom.

"Of course, love" Klaus says as he comes into the bathroom and zips my dress up my back.

"Marcel's vampires will behave won't they?" I ask as I turn to Klaus.

"I'm sure they will, and if they don't I know that you won't have any problems putting them in their place" Klaus says with a slight smile tugging on his lips.

"Thanks. But I told the wolves to be on their best behavior. I mean now that they don't have moonlight rings I think it will be a little more peaceful between the two species" I say as I grab my gold locket off the sink. "Would you?" I ask Klaus gesturing to the necklace.

"Of course.." Klaus smiles as he goes behind me and secures the necklace around my neck. I then reach my hand to the counter top of the sink and pick up my engagement ring, slipping it on my finger. I turn around and look at Klaus.

"Do I look worthy enough to be witnessed by werewolves and vampires?" I ask Klaus jokingly.

"You look like a Queen, as always" Klaus says as he kisses my forehead. I smile up at him happily but then walk out of the bathroom, making my way to the parlor. I sit on the couch and flip open my laptop that is sitting on the coffee table. "What are you doing?" Klaus asks curiously as he walks in the room.

"I told Cami that I'd Skype her tonight just to see Hope before the party" I say as I quickly log on to Skype. Klaus sits down next to me.

"And I wasn't invited?" Klaus asks raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry. I meant to invite you but then I started setting up for the party and everything got a little crazy" I say as I push a curl from my face. A smile comes across Klaus's face.

"It's fine, love. No harm done.." Klaus says as he grabs my hand and intertwines his fingers with mine. He has been awfully affectionate with me today, but I mean, I am marrying the guy, he should be affectionate with me. I start getting a Skype call from Cami and I quickly answer it.

"Hey you guys!" Cami says happily with a large smile on her face.

"Hi Cami!" I say as I wave at her.

"Nice to see you Camille" Klaus says looking into the camera. Suddenly we hear a happy gurgling in the background.

"Hold on!" Cami says as she gets up from the couch. The happy gurgling continues and grows closer and Cami sits down with Hope in her arms. Klaus and I smile happily as we look at our daughter. "She's all ready for bed, I just thought that you two would like to say goodnight before I put her down" Cami says as Hope looks into the camera.

"Hi baby!" I say as I wave to her.

"Hi sweetheart..." Klaus says lovingly as he just looks at her with admiration.

"Hope look! It's your Mommy and Daddy!" Cami says pointing to us to get Hope's attention. Hope smiles at our faces and flails her arms.

"How has she been?" I ask Cami curiously.

"She's been absolutely darling. I think I'm in love" Cami says as she grabs Hope's hand and smiles at her.

"Well, she is my daughter, she will obviously have that effect on people" Klaus says proudly with a smile. I look at him and roll my eyes playfully.