Chapter 47

"Hope please calm down, Mama is going to be right there sweetheart!" I say to Hope as she cries in her high chair in the kitchen, kicking and screaming like a mad woman, her face beat red. I have Faith in my arms crying hysterically because of Hope's crying. Being the mother to a toddler and a baby is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I am just covered in grossness and my hair is in a messy bun with fly away curls everywhere. Klaus comes into the kitchen, having heard the screaming of both children.

"Bloody hell it sounds like someone is getting murdered in here.." He says as he goes towards the fridge.

"Aren't you lucky you have to deal with your crazy ex girlfriend and her lunatic brother... You could be on daddy duty." I say glaring at him, trying to get both children to calm down.

"Allow me to provide assistance." Klaus says as he takes Faith from my arms and holds her gently. He is a little uncomfortable holding her because sometimes, I think he thinks he's going to like, break her.

"Thanks... Hope has been so cranky all morning, and one crying kid means another crying kid." I say as I pick Hope out of her high chair.

"Love, you really look like you need a shower..." Klaus says to me.

"Well, being a mom is kind of a full time job if you haven't noticed..." I say annoyed at everything at the moment.

"Don't want to get on your bad side today..." Klaus says quietly as he bounces Faith gently. I let out a sigh and look at him.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed..." I breathe out as I adjust Hope on my hip.

"Well, I think that we can help with that!" I hear a familiar voice say, coming from the doorway to the kitchen. I turn my head and see Caroline and Bonnie smiling at me.

"Caroline! Bonnie! What are you guys doing here?!" I ask them excitedly as I run over to them, throwing my arm around Caroline.

"Elijah called us, said that you were having a little bit of a hybrid mom meltdown, so, we are here for the weekend to help out!" Bonnie announces.

"That is amazing! Thank you guys so much!" I say as I hug Bonnie tightly.

"Of course, my bloody brother organized such a thing." Klaus scoffs as he rolls his eyes.

"Hey! This is a good thing!" I scold him.

"Now, get showered and go out. We will watch the little ones." Caroline says as she walks over to Klaus and takes Faith from his arms. Bonnie reaches up and takes Hope from me and places her on her hip. I smile them excitedly.

"You guys are absolutely perfect! Thanks a million!" I say as I trot out of the kitchen. I love my daughters, but a few hours out are well deserved.

--------------------

"Thanks for treating me to lunch Cami, it seems like forever since we've caught up." I say to her as we walk down the streets of New Orleans together.

"It was no problem! I miss hanging out with you and Hope." Cami says smiling at me.

"It's completely different with Faith now, Hope has gotten so much more demanding... I think it's because Faith is getting most of my attention and Hope recognizes that.." I say to Cami as we walk through an alley to get to my car on bourbon street.

"I bet... But I think Hope will grow to love her baby sister." Cami says encouragingly.

"I pray." I say with a little laugh. Suddenly out of nowhere Aurora flashes in front of us.