Chapter 6

I wake up to a warm breeze touching my skin. I open up my eyes slowly and look that I am laying on a blanket that sits on top of the sand. I look and see that Elijah's jacket covers my body like a blanket. I sit up and run my hand through my crazy mess of curls and I bite my bottom lip while curving my mouth into a smile. I remember last night, how Elijah kissed me under the moonlight and I ended up falling asleep in his arms. I look and see Elijah emerging from the water, he is shirtless but still has his trousers on. The early morning sun glistens off of his body and I swallow hard as he approaches me on the shore.

"You are up.." He says as his lips curve into a smile.

"Yeah... I'm up.." I say awkwardly as I watch him pick up a towel from the sand. I feel so giddy like a little kid.

"An early morning swim seemed in order, but I do believe we should be getting back by now.. We do not want Niklaus to worry" Elijah says as his eye catch me basically staring his whole entire being down.

"Oh yeah.. We should be getting back" I say as I hop to my feet and hold his jacket in my arms as I try to walk away. But without warning he grabs my wrist and pulls me into a passionate kiss. I dotingly kiss back as his cold lips dance on mine in the most perfect way. This reminds me of when Klaus and I first started dating, but something about this feels a tad bit different. Elijah eventually pulls away and looks down at me, my lips parted and our foreheads against each other's. "What was that for?" I ask, my tone breathy.

"I wanted to do that before we were thrown back into our cruel reality.." Elijah says as his thumb strokes my cheek. I then remember my cruel reality, the reality in which I am a hot mess and Elijah ignores me, fantastic.

-----------------------

We arrive back at the compound and I immediately head upstairs to go and shower. I stand under the hot water and feel it go down my body in the most soothing way. I hear the bathroom door open and close.

"Klaus?" I ask curiously as I smooth my curls back with my hands.

"Did I make it that obvious?" His voice asks as it echoes through the bathroom .

"Well, I figured out of all people it would be you to come and disrupt my shower" I say as I turn off the water but remain behind the curtain. I just stick my hand out and grab my towel, bringing it into the shower with me.

"You guessed correctly. I just came to give you one last birthday gift" Klaus says, a smirk behind his voice. I pin my curls back behind my head and wrap the cotton towel around my body, but I don't come out from behind the shower curtain.

"You better not be naked" I say with a little laugh.

"I can assure you that I am not in the bluff" Klaus says laughing with me. I pull the shower curtain back and see Klaus leaning against the sink. I step out of the shower and look at him.

"What do you wish to give me?" I ask him curiously as I take a few steps toward him. He looks at me with a smirk on his face and pulls a small but long velvet box out from behind his back. "Klaus, you didn't have to get me anything, what you and Elijah did was more than enough" I say to him as I take the box into my hands.

"Do you really not know me at all Penelope? Of course I am going to get you something" Klaus says as he waits for me to open up the small box. I smile at him happily and then open up the black velvet box. Inside is a long gold chain and at the end is a gold heart locket.

"Klaus this is absolutely gorgeous.." I breathe out as I pull the locket from it's box.

"I am glad you like it.." Klaus smiles as I open up the gold heart locket, looking at the small picture inside. It is a picture of Klaus and I in Italy. I always had to bug him to take pictures with me, and I bugged him to take a picture with me in Italy and it turned out fantastic, it was my most favorite picture of us.