Chapter 28

I walk into the cemetery. A dozen tulips in my hand, as I take steps through the familiar cemetery. The cemetery I have known since I can remember. I come upon a grave stone. A grave stone I haven't visited in quite a while.

'Grayson Gilbert' the one side reads.

'Miranda Sommers Gilbert' the other side reads. I get to my knees as I feel tears forming in my eyes. The tears escape my eyes as I just look at the gravestone.

"Hi Mom, Hi Dad..." I mutter out as a tear falls off my chin and lands on the grass. "I know it's been a while since I've talked to you guys, and I'm sorry..." I say as I look at the ground shamefully. "But I have gotten myself in a whole mess of trouble... My daughter, could get taken from me. So I either run or fight. But if I run, I can lose my husband. And I don't know what to do. I just wish that you guys were here to tell me what to do. Because I can't do this by myself..." I say as I begin to sob. "I miss you guys so much... It seems like so long since you guys have been gone and I can't believe I've survived this long without you both. I just don't know what to do. I'm so lost... Please, just give me a sign that I know you are listening..." I say as I begin sobbing into my hands.

"Penelope..." An almost forgotten voice says behind me. The angelic voice that used to soothe me when I was in distress. I turn around and see my beautiful mother smiling down at me a few feet away. My heart basically falls out of my best at the beautiful sight of my mother. "Mom..." I say as I stagger to my feet. She just continues to look at me. "Oh my God... Mom." I say as I walk towards her and wrap my arms around her. I remember the last time I hugged her, it was the night her and dad left to pick up Elena and they left me with Jenna at the house. My mother puts her hands on my face and wipes my tears.

"My beautiful Penelope..." My mother says, her voice soothing me. I let out a deep breath and just look at her.

"I can't believe you are here... How are you here?" I ask her extremely stunned.

"Because you want me to be here. I'm here baby. I'm here." My mom says as she keeps her hands on my face. Tears begin to escape my eyes as I look at her.

"Have you been watching me? I had a baby! I got married!" I say happily as a smile crawls across my face.

"I know sweetheart, I saw. Hope is so, so beautiful." Mom says as she strokes my curls gently.

"You and dad aren't mad at me that I married a hybrid and had his baby?" I ask her shocked.

"It's not what I envisioned for you but I am so proud of you, sweetheart. You are such a good mom to Hope..." My mom says as she reaches down and grabs my hands.

"You are? You are proud of me?" I ask surprised, considering my questionable behavior as of lately.

"Of course I am. You are my daughter Penelope, and I love you... And I am here to help you." Mom says as her face goes serious.

"Mom I don't know what to do. One part of me is telling me to take Hope and run, to get us to safety and away from harm, but another part of me is saying that I should stay here and fight with my husband, and fight with my husband..."  I say distressed as I push the hair out of my face stressfully.

"Penelope you need to do what is best for your family, and you need to follow your strongest instinct. Do what is right for your daughter!" Mom says as she puts her hands on my shoulders.

"But I don't know what is right Mom! Both of choices could benefit Hope but both of them could hurt her..." I say confused as all get out.