Chapter 27

A/N: Hi, so I have been getting a lot of feedback about Penelope's character, and I have been trying to get her act together, but I wanted her to be authentic to a typical immature 22 year old, so I apologize if she has come off a little... questionable. But I really appreciate all of this negative and positive feedback because I really think that it is making me a better writer in the end. So, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the story!

"Thank you for taking Hope and I out today, we are going to have so much fun!" I say happily to Hayley as I push Hope's stroller down the French Quarter.

"Oh it is no problem at all. I love spending time with my little sister and my little niece..." Hayley says as she playfully tickles Hope's stomach. Hope giggles happily as we continue to walk down the busy street. We walk past a violinist and stop, listening to the beautiful song that she is playing. The violinist ends the song dramatically and Hayley and I start clapping.

"That was beautiful! Thank you!" I say as I drop a dollar in her violin case. Hayley and I continue to walk down the street but then the violinist starts playing this eerily familiar song. It seems dark and frightening. "That song..." I say to Hayley as I feel goose bumps form on my arms. We look back at the violinist who is staring us down, burning holes in our souls. I look at Hayley and my heart speeds up. I turn back around to walk away but a man is in front of us, holding a black flower.

"Flowers, miss... A gift for the child.." He says holding the flower out to Hope. My heart stops. Something is wrong here.

"Oh no thank you... But thanks anyway.." Hayley says as we try and get past him.

"Are you sure? Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely..." The man says as he continues to hold out the flower. I just push past him nervously but he grabs my arm tightly.

"Let me go!" I say as I try and escape his grasp, but his eyes turn pure white, causing me to gasp. Within a second, the man's grip is released from me and Klaus is pinning him against the light post by his neck.

"Show yourself, witch!" Klaus yells at the man angrily.

"Oh my God, Klaus!" I say as the man's eyes turn back to normal. I look at Hayley and her eyes turn pure white.

"I am here, I am everywhere. And I intend to take what is mine." Hayley says. It's Dahlia.

"It's her..." Klaus says shocked as he looks at Hayley startled. Hayley's eyes go back to normal and she gasps.

"P... Klaus... What just happened?" Hayley asks startled. Klaus then looks at me.

"It's Dahlia..." Klaus says, visibly upset. I look at Klaus and swallow hard, a little too shocked to speak. "Let's get Hope back to the compound... Quickly!" Klaus says as he puts the hand on the small of my back, rushing me along. No... Dahlia's here, but I'm not letting her take Hope without a fight.

-------------------

"So, what's the plan? Because Dahlia's here and she will stop at nothing until she gets Hope.." I say as I pace around the Mikaelson dining room.

"Well, this tonic will at least prevent her from entering any of our minds.." Freya says as she puts down a plate of tea cups filled with the tonic. Rebekah quickly grabs one.

"Well come on! This should work like a charm! Bottoms up!" Rebekah says quickly downing the tea. Elijah, Freya and myself grab one and drink it. Elijah then looks at a stubborn Klaus, holding out a cup of tea to him.

"Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute?" Elijah says to Klaus in annoyance.

"I prefer biscuits with my tea" Klaus says stubbornly. I let out a little sigh, as does Elijah.