Chapter 36

Klaus and I drive down the road, the morning sun is coming up. Klaus's jacket is wrapped around my body and my once luscious curls are now stringy because of the rain water. I am still in shock and it feels like my body is freezing but on fire at the same time.

"Are you ready to talk?" Klaus asks me curiously, as he looks at me concerned. I swallow hard and look at him, letting out a little breath.

"I got into an accident..." I breathe out as I keep my eyes on the road.

"Yes, I know I found your car on the side of the road. But that doesn't explain the blood, the weakness and Hope's missing car seat.." Klaus says as he picks up speed as we go down the road. I feel tears brimming my eyes just thinking about it. A tear escapes my eye as I hang my head and my tears fall onto my lap. "Hey... You can tell me anything, you know that." Klaus says as he puts his hand on my arm. I look at him and wipe my eyes, nodding. I take a deep breath and look back out onto the road.

"I was on my way home, I had left at night because I wanted to make it back in time so I could drop Hope off at the compound. I was driving down the road and Hope started crying, so I was trying to calm her down. But when I turned my head back around someone was standing in the middle of the road, I swerved off the road and crashed into a tree. I got knocked out and I woke up almost a day later, I was in the old Lockwood cellar, chained up. Tyler had kidnapped me, and chained me up. He drained me of most of my blood to weaken me. Somehow I managed to get free and I got Hope and I out of there..." I say as I pull the jacket tighter around myself. When I look back at Klaus he is clutching the steering wheel tightly with an angry look on his face.

"That damn orphan Lockwood always trying to ruin my family..." Klaus growls angrily. "I'm going rip him to pieces..." Klaus snarls as his knuckles turn white.

"No Klaus it's not worth it... I just want to get home and forget that it all ever happened..." I say as I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"After what he did to you it is most definitely worth it!" Klaus says raising his voice a little.

"Please can we just drop it?" I say as I more tears stream down my face. Klaus just looks at me, letting out an angry sigh. "How did you find us?" I finally get the courage to ask him the question on my mind.

"When you didn't arrive at the compound, Freya and I came to the conclusion that something was wrong. I got up here and saw your car wrecked on the side of the road. I got out of the car and I could smell your scent. I followed it and found you on the ground..." Klaus says keeping his eyes on the road.

"Thank you for saving us..." I say quietly as I look at him sincerely. His eyes meet mine and he just nods.

"I know that you probably don't want to hear this but, in the interest of you and my children, I would like you to move back into the compound..." Klaus says looking at me, his voice a little stern. Maybe he's right, I mean, I can't live with Cami anymore, she's in love with my husband. Besides carting Hope around from house to house, isn't the life I want for her.

"Yeah... I think that'd be alright." I nod as a small smile creeps on my face. Klaus looks at me surprised and let's out a little laugh.

"Splendid, because you didn't have a choice anyway..." Klaus teases me. I roll my eyes and let out a little laugh. Suddenly Klaus pulls over to a bar. "Go and get something to eat, I bet these people will taste good.." Klaus says as we look at the people who stand outside the bar.

"I can't drink from people anymore. If alcohol is in their blood it could harm the baby... I can only drink from blood bags.." I say as I put my hand on my stomach. "It's okay, I can wait until I get home.." I say trying to reassure him that I will be alright. He let's out a sigh and unbuckles his seat belt. He reaches over and unbuckles my seatbelt. "What are you doing?" I ask him curiously with a confused laugh.