Chapter 34

*Several days later*
"Listen, Elijah, thank you for getting me out of the apartment. I've been a little... Unstable these past few days." I say as I push a curl from my face that escaped my messy ponytail.

"Penelope you know that Freya and I are always here for you. Especially in time of need." Elijah reassures me as he looks at me across the table. Elijah has taken me out to lunch in the Quarter, which is actually really nice.

"I really appreciate that. It's just everything is topsy turvy you know? When I pick up Hope today I'm going to ask Hope's dad if he's okay with me taking a Hope to Mystic Falls for a few days... I think I just really need to be with them right now." I say to Elijah as I sit up in my chair.

"I think that will be good for you, a change of scenery." Elijah says nodding his head. "Now the hard part will be getting Niklaus to agree.." Elijah says sipping his coffee.

"We have been pretty civil as of lately, but I never know what to expect anymore to be honest." I say as I put a curl behind my ear.

"Penelope... I have been thinking..." Elijah says, his voice steady. I raise an eyebrow, letting him know that I'm listening. "I think that you should move back into the compound." Elijah says flat out, not holding back.

"But, I can't just move back there."

"Do you really think that going between the compound and a studio apartment is good for Hope? She knows that you and Klaus are not getting along." Elijah says trying to persuade me.

"Do you really think it's good for Hope to be in a home where her mom and dad can't even stand the sight of each other for five minutes? I can't even say his name without feeling physically sick. I'm not moving back there. I'm not going to put myself and my daughter in that position." I say sitting back in my chair and letting out an exhale.

"And what is to become of your unborn child? Are you going to live at Camille's with Hope and a new born?" Elijah asks curiously.

"No. I've been looking at apartments in the Quarter, apartments closer to the compound so Hope and the baby can grow up closer to her home." I answer as I set my hand on my stomach. Elijah lets out a sigh and he just looks at me.

"Penelope... Niklaus isn't going to wait for you forever..." Elijah says bluntly. I furrow my eyebrows and look at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I purse my lips.

"I'm saying that Niklaus has female admirers and I'm sure that he won't hold back for long since you aren't showing any interest in getting back together with him." Elijah informs me. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Klaus doesn't really know any women besides me, Rebekah, Freya, Davina and Cami..." I say, knowing Elijah just wants to manipulate me. He just looks at me like I should know something. He just sits back and sips his coffee.

"Well... Think about it...". Suddenly it hits me. Cami. It's Cami. I mean her and Klaus are always spending time together, he's always admired her, and she obviously has these feelings for him considering she's always talking to him about his problems.

"Are you saying that Cami is in love with Klaus?" I ask as I feel my heart pound out of my chest.

"They have been spending an awfully lot of time together, and she has always seemed quite fond of him..." Elijah says, trying to get to me. I let out a sigh.

"This isn't going to work. Klaus can feel free to do what he wants. But I really don't have time for this... I have to go and pick up Hope.. I'll see you in a few days." I say annoyed as I get up and leave the café. I take a deep breath once I get outside. I shouldn't let Elijah get to me like that. I know that he just wants me back at the compound but making me jealous isn't going to be the way to do it. I get into my car and I drive down the streets of the French Quarter until I reach the compound. I get out of the car and grab Hope's car seat, bringing it into the compound with me. Klaus isn't waiting for me in the courtyard. I let out a sigh and set down the car seat.