Chapter 32

"Penelope... My sweet Penelope..." A familiar angelic voice says to me. I open my weary eyes and see that I am laying on the cold concrete. My hair is all messy and my clothes are torn. I look at see a blazing white light around my mother. I sit up and she grabs my hands.

"Oh my God... Am I dead?" I ask her as I look around and see that this is the road where I cried myself to sleep on.

"No you aren't dead. But sweetheart.. I'm going to need you to get up and start walking. Your daughter is out there.." Mom says as she helps me to my shaky legs.

"It's too late. I'm alone out here. I don't know where I am, I don't know where Caroline and Bonnie are... What can I do for my daughter now?" I say as I feel more tears coming down my face.

"Now, you may have been born a resilient Labonair, and you may be married into the stubborn Mikaelsons, but you are a Gilbert, a compassionate and strong Gilbert. And Gilberts don't give up, so you need to wake up and you need to find your daughter." Mom says as she puts her hands on my cheek. "Wake up Penelope... Wake up..."

----------------------

I wake up feeling the cold ground beneath me. I'm in the cold grass. One of the wolves must have moved me off the road. I look around and I have no idea where I am. I can feel the dried blood on my nose and lip. My only instinct is to get up and find Hope. It's the break of dawn and I see the sun rising over the horizon. I feel like an insane person. Every ounce of adrenaline is pumping through me, but then I feel this sinking, physical and emotional crippling pain. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Penelope... You can do this.." I say to myself, breathing heavily. I open my eyes and feel them change to yellow. I begin vamp speeding through the woods. I'm having trouble though because I have not fed in God knows how long. Suddenly I run into something and fall backwards.

"Oh my God! Penelope! I've been looking for you everywhere!" Caroline says standing in above me. I look at her and she extends a hand to me, pulling me to my feet. She then pulls me into a hug. "What happened to you?" Caroline asks as she looks at my tattered clothes and bloody nose. I just look at her and feel my lip start to quiver.

"Klaus... He left me. I told him I was pregnant and he left me. Hope... I can't feel her. I can usually sense if she's near by, but I can't feel anything. I just feel hollow... I feel cold..." I say as tears begin flowing out of my eyes.

"P I am so sorry... I looked everywhere for Mary and Hope, and I couldn't find them. I found the truck.. But Hope and Mary were gone.." Caroline says trying to be soft. My heart sinks and the tears come quicker.

"Oh my God... Oh my God... No..." I say as I fall to my knees, putting my head into my hands. I begin wailing and sobbing. That crippling pain grows and radiates through my whole entire body as I lose all of my breath.

"Penelope I am so sorry. Will find them, will get her back." Caroline says getting down to her knees and pulling me into a hug. I sniffle and look at her.

"You and Bonnie need to leave... I can't continue to put your lives in danger. Please... Go home. Get some rest.." I say as I put my hand on her cheek.

"We can't leave you Penelope..."

"Caroline, this is what I want. Please, respect that. I want you guys to be safe. I need to do this on my own." I say as I hug her tightly. She looks at me and tears begin streaming down her face. "Thank you for everything, Care. I love you." I say as I just keep hugging her.

"I love you too, P. Now bring your daughter home." Caroline says giving me a small smile. I look at her and back away, before speeding off into the early morning light.