Chapter 44

"Alright P... We just have to find Elijah..." Marcel says as he scoops me up into his arms. Something doesn't feel right. This doesn't feel the same as when I went into labor with Hope. This pain is radiating through out my whole entire body, and it feels as though my mouth is swelling up and stinging. The baby shifts in my stomach and I let out a groan and I hold my stomach tightly. "Elijah! Elijah!" Marcel yells out to Elijah, getting his attention. When Elijah looks over at us, his face becomes panicked. He's in front of Marcel and I in like second.

"What's happening?" Elijah asks concerned as he looks down at me.

"I don't know, but P thinks she may be going into labor." Marcel says as we begin traveling through the party until we get to a vacant room.

"My mouth... My mouth is burning!" I say as Marcel sets me down on the ground, laying me flat on my back.

"We must call Niklaus..." Elijah says looking at Marcel.

"No! Don't! This baby can't come out yet, it's too early. She's just gotta stay in there for a few more weeks." I say as I try and sit up.

"Penelope this baby is going to come out when it wants to. But if we are going to do anything, we need to get you out of here and to a hospital." Marcel says as he looks down at me. Suddenly I start to feel queasy. My head begins to spin and my stomach flips.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I say as I turn my head to vomit on the floor, all of it is blood that I had earlier but it wrecks of a certain odor that I can't put my finger on it. It's like I've smelt it before, but not enough to actually know what it is.

"Do you smell that?" Marcel asks Elijah, referring to my blood. Elijah focuses in on the smell, and then looks at Marcel.

"Wolfsbane." Elijah says, confirming the smell from the blood.

"What!? No! How did I get Wolfsbane in me? That can hurt my baby!" I say in a panicked tone.

"Someone poisoned you, and it was deliberate." Elijah says as he places his hand on my stomach to maybe see what's going on with the baby.

"Well that doesn't explain why she's going into labor.." Marcel says confused. I then start thinking it through in my head.

"The baby... It's reaction to Wolfsbane could have sent me into false labor..." I say as I take a deep breath, feeling the irregular contractions in my body.

"False labor?" Marcel asks curiously.

"When the body of the mother is under deep stress, the baby can trigger a reaction that gives the mother false contractions... I read that shit online." I say as I squeeze Marcel's hand tightly. "One of you are going to have to check to see if I have any bloody discharge." I say to them as I keep taking short breaths.

"You already had bloody discharge coming out of your mouth!" Marcel says confused. I let out a sigh and roll my eyes.

"I'm talking about where the baby is supposed to come out of!" I yell at them. They look at each other flustered.

"That's all you." Marcel says to Elijah as he puts his hands up.

"Excuse me? This is my brother's wife!" Elijah says obviously not wanting to look either.

"You've already seen it before!" Marcel says getting annoyed with Elijah.

"Maybe we should just call Niklaus to come look.." Elijah says reaching for his phone in his pocket.

"Alright listen up! There may or may not be a baby coming out of me! So one of you better man up and look! Because trust me, if I could look myself, I think I would have done it by now!" I yell at them angrily. They look at each other and I can hear them swallow hard.