Chapter 3

I sit in the tub, running a wash cloth up and down my legs as the bubbles surround me. I hear someone come in and take heavy steps towards the bathroom. They are Elijah steps, I just know they are. I see him pop into the bathroom and stand by a dead witch that I killed, an unpleased smile plastered on his face.

"If you've come to lecture me, I'm not interested.." I say as I grab a clip and pin my hair back.

"You've had quite the eventful evening" Elijah says as he looks at the dead witch.

"I was having a rough day, you know, a lot of binge eating and Friends watching, Klaus noticed and took me to the cauldron. You are a smart man Elijah, I think you can figure out the rest" I say peering my eyes at him as I pull the drain on the tub.

"So, would you like me to clean up your leftovers?" Elijah asks sarcastically referring to the witch. I roll my eyes at him.

"Hand me my towel, please?" I say as I stretch out my arm. Elijah takes the towel in his hand and hands it to me. I get up and wrap it around myself as I step out of the tub, feeling his judgmental eyes on me. "Enough with the glares Elijah! God my father died years ago, I don't need another one" I say as I let my hair fall from the clip.

"I just want what is best for you, Penelope.." Elijah answers me.

"Oh, well when you were ignoring me for months it didn't seem like you wanted the best for me then.. Besides what I have done isn't as bad as to what Klaus has done over the years" I say to him annoyed.

"I would hope that you hold yourself to a higher standard than that of Niklaus.." Elijah says to me concerned.

"Those witches plotted to kill my baby, Elijah... They are the reason that she isn't here in my arms right now. Why should I show mercy to those who showed my child and I none?" I ask him angrily. He just looks at me. "Sorry that I don't fit your picture anymore, Elijah... Sorry that I'm just a disappointment" I breathe out upset as I exit the room. It kills me that Elijah has chosen to resent me because of who I've become. When I needed him most he wasn't there for me, which is what hurts so badly.

---------------------

"So you drag me out here to the bayou to what? Find my pack that doesn't even exist anymore?" I ask Klaus as we trudge through the bayou.

"Penelope your people are out here, you just have to be patient enough to find them. Besides, their scent is fresh.. They are just hiding" Klaus insists as he listens closely. "Which means somewhere nearby we will find the remnants of your pack" Klaus says, his voice concentrated.

"Oh yeah, great idea. Find a pack of werewolves who will blindly follow a hybrid raised by humans and lives with an original vampire and an original hybrid. That sounds like a brilliant plan!" I say sarcastically. "They hate me Klaus! I'm an abomination to these people!"

"What these people hate is a lack of leadership! Hence the willingness of their brethren to follow a teenage witch in exchange for those rings. But thankfully, she hasn't gotten to your lot yet, so we need to get to them and convince them to make an alliance" Klaus explains to me as we continue to walk through the bayou.

"Oh yes, because finding a hiding pack of wolves will be easy" I say rolling my eyes and crossing my arms over my chest.

"A task I leave to you. Go on!" Klaus says as he gestures me to do something. I look at him like he's a crazy person. "You're a hybrid now Penelope! With heightened senses unlike anything under the sun.. besides me" Klaus smirks cockily. I roll my eyes at him and I begin to breathe in the air, picking up on something. I close my eyes and try to focus but it seems impossible. I open my eyes and give up.