Chapter 20

I flutter my eyes open tiredly, adjusting them to the sunlight. I stretch my arms and my legs, letting out a large groan. I look next to me to see a shirtless Klaus waking up next to me. I turn on my side and look at him.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, sweetheart" I say to Klaus as I smile at him.

"It's quite alright, love. It's about time to get up anyway" Klaus says as he stretches. I lean my head up and plant a kiss on his lips.

"I could get used to mornings like this..." I say as I put my hand on his chest. Klaus smiles and presses his lips against my forehead while pulling me into his chest.

"My bed is so much comfier, you know that right?" Klaus says teasingly. I look up at him and laugh.

"My room is connected to the baby's room, so unless you want to sleep alone then you can stay in my so called 'uncomfortable bed'" I say as I do air quotations. Klaus let's out a little playful laugh, but his laugh fade and he looks at me differently.

"You know... We haven't christened this marriage yet... Right?" Klaus says to me raising an eyebrow. A smirk crawls on my face and I press my lips against his.

"I know... And I know that both of us have been extremely patient, but the baby is in the next room and I don't want to wake her..." I say quietly as I look at the nursery door which is open just a crack. Klaus let's out a frustrated sigh.

"Until later then.." Klaus says as he pecks my lips and slings his legs over the edge of the bed. He quickly throws on a t-shirt that matches with his gray sweatpants. I get out of bed and pull up a pair of black athletic shorts and I throw on an old Saints football jersey. I quickly pull my hair into a pony tail and head out of my bedroom, Klaus following me. We head down to the kitchen and I sit my butt onto the counter and swing my feet a few feet above the ground. Klaus looks at me curiously. "So, it looks like I'm fixing your breakfast, huh?" Klaus asks curiously as he raises an eyebrow.

"Yes please!" I say as I flash him my shiny white smile. He grins at me and reaches into the fridge, grabbing two blood bags. Klaus tosses me the blood bag. "Thank you, my love" I say as I tear off the top of the blood bag.

"Don't be a kiss ass" Klaus says as he takes the top of his blood bag off. I smirk at him and put the blood bag to my lips, taking a small sip.

"I was not kissing ass. I was merely being polite" I say as I set my blood bag down next to me.

"I'm sure you were.." Klaus says as he smirks at me. He comes over and stands in between my legs and putting his hands around my waist. I smirk at him and put my hands on his neck. "You know, the baby is upstairs... And we are down here..." Klaus says as he leans in and plants a kiss on my jawline. I let out a small laugh.

"I guess you are right..." I say as I put my hands on his face and press my lips against his. Klaus pulls me deeper into the kiss and our lips fight for dominance, but he ultimately wins. I don't mind though. I wrap my legs around his waist and interlock my fingers in his soft hair. His hands aggressively grab my thighs but they soon make their way up to my shorts. He sticks his fingers in the waist band ready to pull them down until we are interrupted.

"You know, other people live here too.." Rebekah says as she enters the kitchen with Hope on her hip. I look embarrassed but Klaus just let's out a frustrated sigh.

"Good morning to you too, sister.." Klaus says as he takes his hands off of my shorts.

"People eat in here you know..." Rebekah says as she puts Hope in her high chair.

"Please Rebekah, your sass this morning is the last thing I need" Klaus says as he picks up his blood bag and begins drinking it.

"Well, good thing I'm just about to leave. I just wanted to bring this little cutie down so she could get her breakfast..." Rebekah says as she grabs her purse.